Should I blow hundreds on the 2nd date? Is it wise?

Went on first date with this girl last week and we hit it off I am pretty sure...had a lot of fun just spent 4 hours at a bar just drinking and talking then walked around the city until nightfall. Pretty good times. She called me the other day and we chatted for a bit and said a 2nd date was definitely in order.

So, I am thinking of something awesome to do and she did mention she wanted to see a show downtown. The problem is this show is like $90 for a ticket and will only be in town until this weekend. Now, I can afford this, but the question is...should I? I am just a college kid graduating in a couple weeks and am fairly broke but I can squeeze out money like this...honestly I could probably answer my own question and say it's a bad idea and to do something else.

But...the urge to sweep her off her feet maybe as a surprise or something is really there. Maybe invite her to do something else and be like "Nope, I got tickets to that show." She did not blatantly say she would like me to take her or anything she only mentioned it in conversation...so anyway. What do you guys think?

Most Helpful Guy

• link

I'm guessing you're new to dating.

Money and time aren't like sex, once you give it away, you've ACTUALLY LOST SOMETHING REAL (not just some fantasy-like make-believe pretend notion or conceptual idea) and you can never go back in time and get it back.

Therefore, when you extend and expose yourself financially in dating, and you realize the girl isn't into you, you've LOST that time it took you to acquire that money (and the opportunity to make a girl who does like you happy with those same resources) forever. If a girl wants you or expects you to expose yourself BEFORE she's CLEARLY showed you that she genuinely likes you - on every level - then that's a girl you need to throw to the side, no matter how much you initially like her (either physically or emotionally). You don't need that in your life.

A fat, ugly, stupid, egotistical, self-centered, b*tchy girl doesn't "impress you" or "make you want her more" the more she has sex with you. Sure, maybe you'll gladly accept the sex she gives you (I know, BIG MAYBE) but that won't bring you any closer to dating her. If you don't like her, you'll never like her, period. Doesn't matter what she'll do. She'll never change your mind about how you feel about her.

Same thing with you. No matter how much money you blow on a girl, no matter how much effort you put in, you won't "impress her" or "make her want you more" (unless she's a wh0re). Sure, she'll gladly accept all the nice things you give her and do for her, but that won't bring you any closer to her genuinely liking you. If she doesn't like you, she'll never like you, period. Doesn't matter what you do. You'll never change her mind about how she feels about you. WARNING: that doesn't mean she won't take all the free stuff you're throwing her way. She'll come up with plenty of excuses and justifications to save social face and not come off as the bad guy. At the end, you'll just end up feeling used, angry at her, and angry at women in general. It's not worth it, for your own happiness's sake.

What Girls Said 1

• If a guy did that for me, I would be grateful but it wouldn't make me like him more. My love can't be bought.

What Guys Said 3

• She's not a hooker.

You don't pay money to strangers, in order to win her affection.

Incredibly bad idea bro.

• Is it wise...no. But honestly is she's attractive and think you could have a thing with her then yea, you could go for it.

• No! Don't do it! You're still getting to know each other; anyone's interest can drop off at any time. I've had women make it to five dates before they lost interest. You can always take her to something expensive after she asks you to be exclusive.