Why is it NOT good to have a co-worker relationship?

Why is it not good to have a co-worker relationship? There's a girl I almost dated but I think she didn't want it to become more because we work together. Well she's quitting and wants to date again? Is it because relationships are bad for work place?

Most Helpful Girl

• Dating and relationships are tricky. Many don't work out. If they don't, the best thing is to have no contact with that person for a long period of time to get over any negative feelings you have.

If you work together, you are struck seeing that person whether you want to or not. It is super uncomfortable, you may end up hearing about their other dating pursuits after you and overall it sucks.

That said, if you have a job that is not part of a career plan or you could take it or leave it, well the workplace could be a natural place to meet someone. In my twenties I dated co-workers but only at my part-time weekend job. It was a take it or leave it place. However, one of those dating deals went sour and I was really hurt so it was hard to see the guy after. I hated going to work.

I think you have the best opportunity now to date this girl without any of those drawbacks.

What Girls Said 2

• depending on where you work it could be against policy...just in general it could be real awkward if you guys broke up while working together

• They're not healthy relationships because you are seeing each other every day and then possibly after work too,if you ever fight I imagine the whole office would know lol.And if you ever break up,you will have to face the every day at work,that wouldn't be easy and you would be easily distracted by them while working too.I know it works out for some people but that's just the way I see it.She may have not felt comfortable dating someone at wor and/or she might not like mixing her personal life with her work and everyone at work knowing her business.

I'd just respect her wishes and go for it,maybe she wants to just keep it professional.

What Guys Said 1

• Thonk of the gossip mill, and how hard it will be after a break-up, and if one of you dates someone else at work. Not tomention the management at most owrkplaces discourages it or forbids it outright. Sure it goes on anyway and the management usually doesn't have to follow this rule...but regardless of that.