Ladies what do you think about guys who use a lot of emoticons?

guys who use a lot of emoticons like :) :( :P :/ :O :p etc flirting or not, I use them because I find it hard to read peoples tone or mood through texts or in typing but sometimes I feel like people get weirded out, any thoughts?

Most Helpful Girl

• I like emoticons for that reason (it's hard to tell tone, like you said). As long as they aren't overused.

• What do you consider over use?

• Lol I don't use that many I guess I'm using them properly then thanks for the input!

What Girls Said 3

• I think it's great that you use them a lot. People can take things the very wrong way if you don't sometimes.

• As long as it doesn't seem too girlie I'm okay with it (how it's used with words).

It's easy to get carried away with emoticons so I guess cut down your use of it every now and then just to keep it in check.

• YES! I use them only because I think that shows my attitudes and tones. but for me, I don't think guys use them that much. when guys use smilies I automatically think that he's a gay-straight man or he's showing interest.

What Guys Said 2

• I think too much emoticons makes you come off as too friendly or even girlie and most ladies aren't interested in guys like that on a relationship/intimate level. I think it's good that guys use emoticons to convey emotion so that they don't sound dull or boring but most of the times guys shouldn't really use more emoticons than the lady they're speaking with because then it'll feel one-sided for the guys mostly since she isn't returning the favor. It really depends on the context of the conversation and where it's going. It's all about the situation and circumstances too and how you use the emoticons when you're talking with her. It's just that thin line between where it's optional to add an emoticon if you want but you don't have to and when you shouldn't use it really.

• Honestly don't use them more than her.