Where do you like to eat for a date?

The other night I was trying out a new English-style pub (I live in USA). I've never been to an English-style pub before and I was amazed at the ambiance. It had great homely food, anything from fish and chips, cottage pie, roast chicken, yorkshire puddings, informal, friendly service, dim lights and cheerful patrons created a wonderful ambiance. They served everything from a pint of cider to generous red wines. They had excellent European draught beers. Price was around $7-8 for a main meal and $7 for a pint, so total $14 for myself.

I wondered to myself that if I were on a date, this is the type of place I would go to, not some fancy wine & dine.

What do you think girls?

Most Helpful Girl

• I think pubs are great for a casual date. Maybe not a first date, when you aren't very comfortable with the other person yet, but the third or fourth date onwards would be cool.

I also really like going to restaurants that are open late. There's a place near me that has the best burgers after 2 a.m. and several great Chinese restaurants that are open until 4 or 5 a.m. ... not sure if this really counts as a date lol, but it's a place I'd like to go with a guy I'm dating.

Sushi joints are usually a hit for me too. You can go really cheap to really fancy and expensive, and everything in between. Most people like sushi.

The fancy restaurants aren't my thing either. I've been to some very good ones for first dates but it always feels too formal and I have a hard time relaxing.

• Ah, that's a good point. I hadn't thought about that. Yeah, girls need to feel relaxed in order for a guy to appeal to her...

What Girls Said 6

• I don't think I would mind that for a date. I think my reservations lie in the last time and only time I had been to an English style pub. It was crowded full of drunk students from the local university, and there were no places to sit. And the people were kind of rude (the patrons not the staff).

But it sounds alright. I really like going to a bar and grill to eat, they always have good food. It's also fun to go to a new place. My boyfriend always asks his friends where good places are to eat around our city so we always go out to different unique places. Those are always good for dates, gives you something to talk about.

• Sounds like a neat place.

My favorite places to go where I live include the Chinese restaurant that used to be my family's restaurant/bar. I know the people, love the building, and enjoy the food. I also really like this tiny, relatively unknown Italian place. It's quiet, the employees are very friendly, and they go the extra mile for their customers. Both places aren't very expensive and they're cozy.

If I feel like going out and having more of a fun time than a nice, sweet date, I like Red Brick Pizza. It's more modern and fast-paced service. They're a little bit pricey, but the food is worth it, and it's one of the few places I can find good, fresh gelato around here.

• I think that sounds like a good idea. The best dates are always the ones where you experience new things together and get to know each other. Be spontaneous and try new places like this. Taking a girl to chain restaurant whether its wine and dine or not and a movie is so boring and cliche.

• Wherever raw beef is sold :D

• I thin it sounds rad, I rather eat at a place with character than your average fancy shamancy restaurant. Well as long as I don't get food poisoning.

• Applebees! so I can get my Bahama Mama yummy.

What Guys Said 6

• I love taking women out for frozen yogurt, women in general love that stuff and so do I! My best friend owns a whole-in-the-wall type of restaurant in a not-so-glitzy area that I helped his family construct when they first got the place and they make INCREDIBLE Pervuian food, love taking women there. I like to take women to places that aren't so well known yet have great food, also to places I've never been before and want to try.

• definitely not high class/fancy or a chain restaurant on a first date, Something more unique and interesting which also provides good convo topics. Order unique dishes too! It shows you're an adventurous type and you're will to try new things. Oh and share some of your food no matter how much you don't like to share :P

Or if you can cook and feeling creative or just plain cheap. Take her back to your place. Cook a yummy dinner, skip desert and have a hot make out session!

• i usually go to a nice sit down like abigales or prime ko. very nice service very nice ambiance. average 2 person bill is about 200

• Olive Garden don't sound so bad

• id take them to the most fancy place around, if I could afford it

• anywhere is good