Is it just me or are girls boring?

Seriously, there's really only been one girl in my life who I thought was interesting, cool, funny, and awesome. She turned me down when I asked her out, but then I ended up becoming friends with her because I just thought she was so cool.

But that's it. Most of the girls I've run into and are initially interested in at first end up just being boring and then after a while I wonder why I'm still talking to her since she's offering virtually nothing at the other end, giving me no reason to talk to her or continue being friends with her.

It's like they expect me to entertain them while providing little themselves.

So after that I've started to make sure a girl is somewhat interesting before I talk to her more, but I've always been disappointed.

Most Helpful Girl

• well there's most likely something on your end that's an issue - as though you need someone whos constantly "on." you generally get used to people after a while. if you want to be constantly surprised or stimulated you may have a challenge, depending on what you like. you may also just be the type who isn't satisfied with one girl. I have a few friends who go from girl to girl and there's usually nothing wrong with the girl, its their own psychology - "they get bored easily" which is really just scratching the surface. my opinion is they aren't as interested in knowing a woman in depth as they are in being entertained constantly by novelty. kids are very similar to this. you have to keep them wrapped up in "oos" and "ahs" for them to pay attention. when you take a minute to just chill, they wander off to the next exciting thing. I chalk it up to an issue of lack of emotional maturity.

you aren't trying to date men, and therefore may be looking for this more in women than men.

i think a lot of men are boring. I think in this society we are just socialized differently and many buy into the idea that we are extremely different and even should like different things. we are socialized to interact differently and when you slap on top of that the pressures that come with dating, how you want them to see you, how you're taught that you should do this and shouldn't do that, etc. it can be really stifling to expressing how you feel, how you think, and who you are. some women are more expressive and interact differently with friends than with the guys they date. men are the same way.

What Girls Said 11

• Hm, what a question! :P Well, personally, I think that there are both boring girls/boys just as there are interesting girls/boys. It's just a matter of finding them and digging beneath the surface to unmask the interesting side of those supposed "boring" ones.

It might be that you are attracting these types of girls, that you just haven't found "interesting" ones yet, or that you have met genuinely interesting girls, but just haven't spent enough time around them to see this side.

Try not to focus on all the apparently boring girls you say you've met, that will only attract more, in my opinion. Instead, be what you consider interesting, and more people like that will surround you! It's kind of the Law of Attraction, how 'like attracts like' I suppose.

This may just be me, but I find everyone interesting in some sense. An individual is an individual, making them inherently unique, and there is always at least one quality that make them stand out. Whether or not you see that quality is a different story. You say the girls you meet become boring after a while. How long is this while usually? Maybe these girls are taking their time to get comfortable enough around you to show you their interesting side.

I think that the best girls won't be easy to find, it requires work. Yes, it is disheartening when someone does not put as much effort into a relationship as you do, but then perhaps that person isn't meant to be with you. I don't know, I think I just babbled on and on about nonsense, but whatever. Keep on having hope and don't focus on the negative! Good luck!

• Yes, most girls are boring. And complicated. I don't even get what they are doing sometimes. Most girls' idea of fun is gossiping and talking about people behind their backs. Or taking pictures of mirrors.

But then again, most boys are boring, too.

Most people are boring.

That's why you just have to be awesome enough to make yourself not-bored. Simple philosophy, yeah? :D

• I actually agree with that. Maybe I should rename this "Is it just me or are people boring?" But at least with guys I can play and talk sports. Girls just give me something to look at, but not much else.

• ... More girl bashing. Great! You tried d*** yet? Men are great.

• I'm not bashing. I probably just haven't run into the right ones.

• False.

I possess a charming personality.

• It's just the type of girls you attract.. but that can be changed.

• Girls like to do things that involve sitting and talking (in general).

Boys prefer to make gross jokes, run around, and pig out (in general).

This is why the two sexes generally avoid each other unless looking for a sex partner.

However, perhaps you are looking for females in the wrong spot and need to branch out. For instance, where are the girls you're running into? If all you talk to is sporty types, maybe you need to find someone in the orchestra.

• most of the girls I run into are in school (I'm in medical school) since I don't like bars and that type of stuff.

• oh OK. yeah, you're not into female doctors. maybe go walk by a law school near you?

• It most likely you. Try being less of a douche and don't stereotype every girl you see as boring.(:

• no, the problem is that I DIDN'T stereotype them as boring. I initially gave them a lot of the benefit of the doubt. But I was disappointed over and over, which led to this question.

• No. I've had really fun female friends. The best female friend I ever had, I was stuck in a field with for three hours once, and the time went so quickly. It was so fun with her.

I find that the best fun I've had was with girls. They're more adventurous. But maybe it depends on the people you meet. Some girls thing boys make better friends.

• It's just you.

• Most girls are boring that is why I have mostly male friends.

• that's probably because the girls you are initially attracted to are all really pretty shallow bitches, and you're completely oblivious to the plentitude of interesting funny, intelligent ones out there,

What Guys Said 3

• yes they are boring "personality wise"

all we guys can do is like a girl and daydream about her because girls don't want or like guys they don't even ask a guy out and desire anything that doesn't involve money

ya the only thing interesting is their bodies and beauty

and damn I was going to ask the same question

• Of course girls are going to disagree.

I'm sure there are interesting women out there. The only ones I met that are interesting are older women like 25+. Finding a girl my age (19) that's interesting is very hard.

• I say even girls 25-27 aren't even all that interesting. There's a couple of 30 year-olds I know that are intriguing, but I don't know how they feel about dating a guy ten years younger.

• I've been through this one "It's like they expect me to entertain them while providing little themselves." and hate it.