Is it OK to be scared?

I've only ever had one boyfriend. I broke up with him because he tried to force me into things. When I dumped him he spread rumors that I cheated on him- which I didn't. Now I'm afraid to be in another relationship. Help? I don't want another scary relationship.

Most Helpful Girl

• It is scary to start again but not all men are like that. When they are hurt they tend to do stupid things. But you are young and have lots of time to find the right guy, take it slow and always be honest.

What Guys Said 5

• It's OK to be scared in some situations, every human being can be scared.*

It's NOT OK to have a boyfriend who scares you!

It's NOT OK to have a boyfriend who tries to force me into things.

It's NOT OK to have a boyfriend who spreads false rumors.

*Last time I was really scared was when I burst a front tyre at night on a poorly lighted fly over and had to change it in the dark, with trucks passing one yrd from my @ss. I wouldn't want to live that again, NEVER!

• Do not worry. The fact he is spreading sh*t means you are lucky that you broke up.

Your under 18, don't worry about being in a relationship, just make sure you have time with your friends and study hard to better yourself in life.

Don't rush into any relationships and if you are forced to do things you don't want to do, break it off with them.

Now don't be scared of him. That's what he wants, to make you small and vulnerable and feel inferior.

Prove him wrong and better yourself so that he'd wish he never did it!

• It's alright to be scared, everyone is at some point. Take things slower this time, get to know the guy you like, and make sure he likes you for you.

• KEEP ON GOING! you don't need to always have a boyfriend but if you want one try it out this guy would be better

• Just because your ex was like that , doesn't mean you next boyfriend will be.

What Girls Said 1

• wow, I'm sorry that happened to you. =(

Just make sure you choose wisely next time. It can be hard to tell what you're in for, hindsight is always so much more clear. You definitely don't want to be insecure and timid when you do start dating again, because a certain type of guy gravitates to a girl who is insecure, and trust me, it's not the nice kind, though he may seem nice at first.

Good luck to you