Would you date someone exactly like yourself?

Often relationships start when two people are able to bond and share similar interests and lifestyles. But is it even appealing to be with someone who's interests and personality are mirror images of yours? Do you think this gets old quickly or do you think its a perfect relationship scenario?

Most Helpful Girl

• It could be fun because you would have so much in common and you could do all your hobbies together.

But then I think that when you're in a long-term relationship with someone, you should be beneficial to each other. You should be able to improve the other person in some way. It's nice to be with someone who has an aspect in their personality that you look up to. For example, your partner's lifestyle could inspire you, but your determination could inspire them. And you could help each other to improve these things.

• I feel the same. I think people should complement each other and compensate for what the other lacks. It's important to open up to new things and learn from what someone has to offer.

What Guys Said 4

• Exactly like myself... no...

I wouldn't mind certain elements of myself tho, interests is always fun, humor, intellect.

• It would be absolutely perfect. I can't see how it would possibly go wrong. Same obscure taste in music? Same interest in sports? Same mannerisms? Sign me up. I mean, I know only one such woman who exists. She's engaged to someone who is basically just like me but with longer hair.

• Hell yeah. Laid-back, easy-going and no drama? Who would pass that up?

• If cloning was possible. I'd clone myself and be my own lover...

What Girls Said 6

• Eh, I dated a guy who was very similar in personality to me and it was not pretty.

Because of that, I'm almost certain that if I could clone myself, my clone and I wouldn't like each other. We would probably be mortal enemies. I can see so many reasons why a guy exactly like me would hate me, and why I would hate him too, lol. It would suck though, because at first we would think of each other are totally awesome people, too good to be true, but then over time our personalities would actually clash.

• Generally o keep myself entertained so yeah it would be crazy fun and maddening to be with someone like mi. hahaha. Plus loads of sex. hahahah.

• I'm all for experiencing and trying new things that if a guy was the mirror image of me, then I wouldn't be interested. It's too predictable. I would want someone interesting and we can make each other have fun by having each other experience and teach each other new things. If we were the same I think it would get old. No sizzle. No surprises. There wouldn't be the thrill of wanting to know more about the other person.

• Not exactly like me...but we have to have common ground and be able to compromise.

• Yes, why not, he will understand me more than anyone else.

• exactly like me, no.

if he was a bit more outgoing then yes. that would be great! :D