Girls when you give a guy your number, how often should he text you?

how often should he text you? should he text you everyday or wait a few days in-between? how long after he and you have texted should he start calling you?

Most Helpful Girl

• If I give a guy my direct number -- not my email, etc. -- I expect something the next day if he's interested, or nothing for a few days if he's not interested. Too many calls/texts during the week gets to be a little much because I actually work and have to focus on other things, but a nice bit of banter on a lazy summer day (or weekend) is fun.

One guy I know started with a call because he knows he has a nice voice and we were both shy about texting/writing at that point.

Another guy started with a text because he had JUST dropped me off at my house and was basically flirting/checking to make sure I'd actually given him my number, lol. "Had a great time. See you again soon." This was followed by "Hi there" every morning, and "What's for lunch?" from me in response (since our morning schedules were a bit different). He'd text something to tease me if we were out and I excused myself from the table/group too.

Both were flattering in their own way because they show the guy is attentive and interested. That's really all that matters.

What Girls Said 8

• You should text her a few times a day, regardless if you've already seen/talked to her already. Girls like confirmation. When you text her a few times a day and let her know that you miss her, are thinking about her, or want to see her, etc. She'll want to know it. It makes us girls feel more secure and comfortable when you confirm your feelings. Plus it will make things glide along easier when it comes to dates and such.

• If he calls first it'd be a good surprise

• I thought guys call first

• I have no clue, I hate phones.

Maybe ask her when she is available to chat?

Some people are busy after all.

• Once every couple of days until I get to know him better

• when we first meet and you ask for my number, I expect to hear within three days.

after two or three dates I want to hear that you had a good time after. even a text is fine.

after three or four dates I'd like to be talking daily or close to it, call or text.

and after five dates I'd want to be talking every day. by this point my guy and I were talking every day, pretty much at his initiative.

i like texting back and forth every day and a call here and there. but in a way texting back and forth all day lets you say even more than talking on the phone because you are doing it for hours, as long as both people are engaged in it. that's what my guy and I do.

• If he likes mi and o really like him as well then he should text mi and say what's up and ask how I'm doing. he can call whenever because its no big deal. if he wants to step or try to play it cool it's up to him but personally - would want him to step up because if he doesn't contact mi soon enough then would think he wasn't interrested or w.e. and would forget about him.

• If she seems interested in him, he should text her a couple times a day. If he notice she's ot very interested, then text her a few times a week. Or he could also wait until she texts him.

What Guys Said 1

• all day err'day