When you send a message how long do you give a person before you feel like they ignored you?

Is there a timeline from when you send a message and when it becomes to long so it feels like they are ignoring you?

Most Helpful Girl

• Facebook-when you have seen that the person has been online or it's been more than 3 days

text-it depends. if you talk a lot, I say more than a few hours, although depending on the time of day, up to 10. but I think if you text a guy and he takes 24 hours to reply he is probably just avoiding you. I did that to this guy, we spent all weekend together and fooled around a lot, not sex but came close, and I texted him that I had a good time and am down for hanging out again, and all he said was, 24 hours later, "sorry I was busy at work". douchebag.

What Girls Said 3

• If you sent an email to something they're bound to go on such as Facebook then I'd give them however long it took till they next updated it. I'd say about 5 days is a good limit of knowing whether you're being ignored because let's face it, we have messaging on phones, computers, everywhere..so on the odd occasion that the person suddenly decides to not check the mail would seem a bit suspicious, we live in a world surrounding by technology..there is no excuse!

• 1-2 hours. I know, I know, I know, I am impatient and in my opinion I think nowadays were all wired up. Our gadgets are never out of arms reach

• i would give them at least a week

What Guys Said 2

• Well from just knowing my friends, no I usually don't assume they are ignoring me. I understand that sometimes you just aren't looking at your phone for a while. When I am at home I usually leave my phone in my bedroom and might not check it the whole day. If it's been overnight, then yes they probably just decided not to message me back.

• What type? if it's a text I give it a day since people can be busy or just not check on their phones. If it's on this site it just depends on when was the last time they logged on and when you sent the message.