Is there something wrong with me when it comes to dating?

I've been in two relationships in the past 3 years and they both start and end the same:

He asks me out first and I say yes. It's all good for about a month or so. The guy REALLY likes me. More than I like him. Is it possible that scares me away?

And/or I get bored? Or I just don't feel it anymore? And I'm the one who breaks up with him.

I don't know if I'm a heartless person when it comes to relationships or what. Usually I'm a nice person but when it comes to dating I hate breaking guys hearts. So now I'm discouraged to date at all.

I think it's weird that both relationships transpired the same way.

Is there something wrong with me?

Most Helpful Guy

• I ask myself the same questions. I'm 33 and have never had a relationship last longer than 2 months. They always pick me out. I spend the first month getting to know them, then the second month deciding whether to dump them or not. I hate hurting people, so I try to end it as soon as I realize I can't see myself with them long term. I do that hoping to avoid more drama.

I sometimes wonder if I'm just too picky or if maybe I'm terrified of committment. In the end, I honestly believe I haven't met the right girl yet. In my opinion, being alone is better than being stuck with someone you don't want to be with.

I honestly believe we have the right idea. Most relationships and marriages fail because everyone settles for someone they aren't even compatible with. If I ever get married, I will mean it.

• well I'm glad I'm not the only one. And I'm always amazed at how people can stay with the same person for longer than 6 months. And I don't want to settle either. Maybe it's high expectations? Blehh makes me annoyed with myself sometimes. You wouldn't happen to have an unrequited love at some point that may be the reason?

• I have. That makes me avoid being friends with girls. Girls don't normally date friends. If I ever marry, I think it should be with my best friend... someone you look forward to having fun with, not someone you look for excuses to avoid. If you can just find some attraction in a best friend, I think it's the best chance for success.

Friend me if you can keep it PG, haha. I didn't realize you were so young. You sound like someone a bit older and more intelligent than I expected!

What Guys Said 1

• You just haven't found someone that really catches your attention or keeps you interested. that's what I think at least.

What Girls Said 0