Girls, when do you start paying on dates?

Either pay for a part of the date (he gets dinner, you the movies, whatever)? How long before you treat him all on your own?

We judge it too :). So curious to see ...

Most Helpful Girl

• Well I've heard from men my opinion is rare, but I honestly offer to pay for him right after the first date. I'm alittle old fashion and definitly think if its an actual date he should treat me the first time if he has the funds, but after that I like to pay half the time! I really believe that relationships should be 50 50, even, so I like to treat my man just as often as he does me. :)

• Its actually not that rare. Many girls I have dated feel the way you do. My rule is the third date. If she hasn't contributed anything by the third date she is looking for a free ride, and that expectation will never end. Plenty of fish in the sea!

What Girls Said 10

• When we've started to date regularly and I develop feelings for the guy, I usually offer to pay for the date but I've never been with any guy who will let me do it WITHOUT a huge fight involved started by him.

But what I do now is I just pay for something like you said above; You get the movie, I'll bring the pizza or something like that.

• from the beginning I insist on paying my own way. I've never really felt comfortable having a guy pay all the time and that led to me having a guy take advantage and a guy get too comfortable with it(even though he was working and I was a student). Everyone I ever dated didn't start off as a dating relationship so we became friends first and there was no pressure for them to provide. My current boyfriend of 2years doesn't like for me to pay for things anymore or give him money so if he has it he always pays, but I always offer to help anyway.

• I've been dating my guy for almost a year and he never lets me pay for a thing. But sometimes I try to sneak in ways to pay. We went to a comedy show and he wanted me to look into where we'd go so I thought it was a perfect opportunity to buy the tickets before hand. When I told him I bought them I could tell that he didn't like it much.

Honestly I'm 25, still in school and don't make much money. I make enough but because I live alone I have very little "play cash" remaining. My guy is making money and is a little more than 6 years older.

I figure I'll start really putting money into it when I know that marriage or at least living together is an option.

I was with my ex for nearly 5 years and he never paid for a damn thing and now we aren't even together. What a waste!

(so sorry if this sounds gold-diggerish but I'm very old fashioned and now my current guy has spoiled me rotten that I won't accept less)

• Dont lose him, you might not have to worry about accepting anything ... I hear you about your ex, but most girls wouldn't have paid that much in the first place. How you feel about him is how we always feel!

• When I initiate the date is when I pay for it.

If a guy asks me out, he has to pay. He is courting me after all.

Also, when a relationship is establish, I'm fine with splitting the bill.

Chivalry with a balance.

• You're very wise...with integrity

• You go ninja. :). Has to be a balance. Of course the guy pays most at the beginning, despite who.asked who out...

• i would start offering when we are exclusive and I know I'm not just his sport.

• for me I always insists on paying for something specially if I was the one who asked him out. but once we are just making plans to go out and talk about that and insists on paying for everything, I get offended or insulted so I decide to not go out with him instead.

(but one time I get tricked on that and I went out with this dude, he ended up paying for our movie ticket and I insisted on paying for our food, right when I was about to pay he handed his card and I grabbed it and didn't give it back to him until the cashier finished charging the bill to my card) -__-

• i never pay unless if I got him a present ;) I don't like when a guy let's me pay

• My ex never let me pay, even if I tried. The only time he let me pay was when we had to tip the waitress and even then he said no.

But maybe 5 months or longer into the relationship we would split the bill.

• i'll let you know when I've been on enough to say ha ha :)

• I do it just a little treat. It's a trip for me cause it's just funny cause the girl's never supposed to pay.

Unless I'm taking him on a special date all of my own accord and he is OK with me doing this...the girl never pays.

What Guys Said 4

• My current girlfriend sometimes pays for me and I for her. We just pay whatever money we have at the time. Sometimes I treat her and sometimes she treats me. You shouldn't have to pay every time especially if you go out often. I fully believe in equality and every woman that does should be polite enough to pay her way from time to time.

• Normally when they ask me out..they will offer to pay. Anytime they offer to pay..it tells me they have really high interest level...and probably are good girls with integrity. Its a good indication that they were raised right. Now if they offer to pay when I asked them out...I say.."Thanks...but I asked you out...therefore, I will pay this time"...(hint hint) Good question man!

• Times have changed in many ways, but it seems most girls still prefer they way they used to be...

• How soon do women want equality? I think that answer should be applied to your question. For me it depends on how much money the woman makes. I make an absolute ton of money. If the woman has even slight money issues, I have no problem paying.

But I do like the idea that if women want equality, they should acting like it.

• I agree. If there is a substantial income difference, then there is no question

• i'm glad I don't date the gag girls. all they want to do is be traditional when they want to spend someone's money, but then be modern when it comes to getting paid and splitting household chores, lol.