Texting...should I ask for more or?

This could be for girls and guys...if you are in a relationship...who texts "first" more: the guy or the girl? I have a boyfriend...we got together a couple weeks ago...but I always text him first (and then he'll text back and we'll have a conversation...etc)...and I think I text more stuff than he does...how do I get him to text me more? Or do guys just naturally text less? or? I'm new to the whole relationship thing...soo...wondering about this...

Let me rephrase: you guys answering my question...do you text your girl alot..or? Just curious.
Okay..I've decided to get over it...and just be the one that texts more...it isn't really a big deal...he obviously enjoys having conversations with me...so no biggie...I guess I just like getting unexpected happy texts sometimes...it's a good time..heh heh. Ah well...I'm going to let it go. :P

Most Helpful Guy

• Sounds like a game. Just do what you feel like and allow him the same. Texting isn't a relationship and I'm assuming you spend time with each other and hear each others voices but now a days I think some people actually have relationships over electronics.

• Yeah...we hang out and talk and stuff...but since it's summer and we live in different cities...the only way to chat now is through phone (he's barely on Facebook...etc). Game? Why do you say that?

• Worrying if you text him more than he does is kind of a game. You can both be yourselves and its cool. I think guys tend to want to text less than women on average probably.

• Ah I see. thanks for answering. :) Yeah I guess..I find my girl friends text me more than my guy friends and boyfriend..lol.

What Guys Said 2

• No group of people "naturally" texts in any specified way. If the conversations are good, that's all that really matters. Remember also that texting is one of many form of communication.

• True true. I see your point. It's just if I don't call him or text him for like a month (which I wouldn't do..haha...but hypothetically speaking)...I don't know if he'd make an effort to contact me...and it's summer obviously and we don't live in the same area...and I don't want to feel like I'm the only one making an effort to stay in touch during the summer vacation...:/

• Do whatever you want...frig. After that, if he doesn't like texts, then poopy. You want to communicate with him more so make the move to do so.

• That's the thing I do. :/

What Girls Said 2

• With my guy, I always text him first. He just doesn't text much...doesn't mean he doesn't want to hear from me though.

• I suppose you're right. thanks.

• Talk to him and tell him that you feel you texting him way too much