Would you let a guy kiss you on the cheek if it was part of his custom?

When he greets you he goes in for a kiss on the cheek.

Would you stop him even though its a custom for his country?

Most Helpful Girl

What Girls Said 12

• Honestly, I find it a bit awkward especially if it's a guy I don't know (it's happened before). I'd still go along with it but it wouldn't be the most comfortable thing for me.

I went to dinner with a guy I'm seeing and his family, his mom kissed me on the cheek to say bye, you kind of do it anyways just out of respect. Didn't want to come across rude either so I definitely wouldn't stop them if that's what their accustom to.

• I don't stop it, but I don't like it either. Even worse was my grandmother who would try to kiss all of her grandchildren on the lips. I turned my head and gave her my cheek.

• I have been in this situation before and I didn't let him. It's not part of my custom, and I didn't feel comfortable with it. I barely knew him.

• Kissing a woman on the both cheeks is a widespread custom in France and Belgium.

I had a female assistent of Spanish descent who kissed all female co workers on the lips each morning.

Between men it's rarely seen here but Russians do it. (not the men)

BTW, now she's the manager's widow.

• Kissing a woman on both cheeks is a widespread custom in France and Belgium.

BTW, now she's the manager's widow.

• Kissing a woman on both cheeks is a widespread custom in France and Belgium. Between men it's rarely seen here but Russians do it.

I had a female assistent of Spanish descent who kissed all female co workers on the lips each morning. (not the men)

BTW, now she's the manager's widow.

• It depends on how people behave socially in the country/ town you are in, if you are in Australia, UK or the US people tend to not appreciate it so much but in Europe it is kind of a custom in france/ italy you do 2 kisses, in belgium you sometimes do 3. I remember when I was 15 we were at some party and all the guys greet the girls with a peck on the cheek. Despite it being your custom a lot of girls who aren't accustomed to it will see it as meaning something more than a greeting so you need to me careful with it/

• LOL No, don't touch me! *tomato face* xD

• Does your culture require kissing on the cheek? I would probably make it obvious that it was weird, but I don't know I guess it depends on the situation. If I know the guy, I would try to stop, if not, then I don't have control over it.

• Si.

• I wouldn't stop him. I think it would be sweet " )

• Depends on how well I knew him, if he was a friend and I was comfortable with him then yea

• Sure.

• Nahh I wouldn't stop him

• I'm latina, this is standard :p

What Guys Said 2

• No girls in the US wll let you do that regardless of your custom. They'r English you see, nose in the air...There's no tolerance of anycltural diffeences really, in spite of all the talk about it. .

• This one guy gave me a kiss on the cheek

he didn't kiss my cheek but it was like a cheek to cheek thing

The first time he did it I was super freaked out but just went with it because I didn't wanna freak him out so then I asked my other friend about it and he says "Yeah that's Steve. That's just how he is."

What made it even worse was it was a customer lol