Should a guy or girl text first?

So a girl at my school apparently flirts with me according to the GAG responses I have been getting. However, she hardly ever texts me and I have to text her first in order to set up a conversation. Should guys be the one to text first or women?

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't text guys first because I don't want to be annoying. I figure if they wanted to talk to me they would text me. When I do text guys first they seem annoyed, like they don't want to talk, they're busy etc. Then I think "this is why I didn't want to text first in the first place." There's one dude I text first and he's cool with it, but otherwise no one else really.

A year ago I really liked this dude. He would always tell me to text him. The couple times I did he didn't reply back. I don't like these games but I really don't want to annoy people by texting them.

What Girls Said 8

• Honestly, from my perspective, the one that texts first is most likely the one who likes the other the most! But that's NOT always the case! It really doesn't matter! But in this case it seems like she likes you in a certain way and to a certain extinct! I know for a fact that if I like a guy and I'm flirting with them...I'm most likely going to text him first! But don't be too pushy to find out if she really likes you because I liked a guy once and I flirted but then he started tenting me A LOT and it got irritating!

Hope this helps!

XOXO

-Nanapooh

• Guys should text first. But it almost really depends on who asked who for who's number. If you asked her for her number you should text first and vice versa

• I believe that if both people are interested, then both people should make the effort to talk each other

• i reckon the guy should text first because sometimes when the girls text first the guys get annoyed so guys should text for so the girls know that their intersting that's my opinion their would be different ones

• i feel it should not matter, the girl should text first pretty often so that way the guy can know we like them, are interested in them back

• at first guys definitely should. most girls assume that if she doesn't hear from a guy he's not so interested, even if the two of them flirt in person. definitely text her. if you text her for a while I'm sure you will hear from her sometimes.

• Usually, yes, unless it's just a quick "Hi" to meet up.

Looking at a combination of my track record and what other girls/guys have told me, if a girl gets overly chatty on text, guys tend to step back. It's the girls who don't text too often that get you guys thinking about her more often than not, like an obsession.

• Who ever is more intrested in the other person.

What Guys Said 3

• I asked a question like this multiple times and from what around 50+ girls have said, if she rarely texts you "first" there's about a 90% chance she doesn't like you. If a girl likes you she going to talk to you, and text you first someone days and other days she wont. But after that is all said and done, it doesn't matter who texts first its no one's job to do anything "first" just text the person if you want to simple as that.

• it shouldn't matter

• i think the guy should start first :D