The demise of the first date?

Do guys even ask girls on dates anymore...or is it just "hey I just met you! Lets have sex!" It just seems like that's all I see and what I experience in life. I've never been asked on a date, had a boyfriend etc etc and truthfully I'm beginning to lose faith that I'll ever find the right guy...

Most Helpful Guy

• Too many girls are letting that happen, so some guys assume that they don't need to do anything to get it.

Would just approaching and asking for a date/number work for you if you found him attractive? Not male model attractive, but say I approached (and I looked decent) and complimented you and had short conversation. Would you really be willing to give me your number so I could arrange a date? It seems like most girls don't want that. They want a friend of a friend instead of a random guy unless he is extremely good looking. lol Just curious.

What Guys Said 5

• The guy will usually start with small talk at first so just go with it and see what he has to say and then they will say something like hey you seem like a really cool person, how about I get your phone number and I'll give you a call later on. This is usually how I go about doing it but then again I haven't approached all that many girls. It's usually pretty hard just to get them to stand still and actually listen to what you have to say. I try to keep my approach sounding as normal as possible.

• the guys who have plenty of experience might be a little too straightforward with their intentions. and the good guys might be too shy to ask a pretty girl out. I always stress to girls that say they're fed up with not finding good guys, maybe they should be the initiator every once in a while. just don't stand around your whole life and wait for the good guy to approach u.

• Yeah we still ask girls out on dates, all gentleman-like and proper. At least some of us do. I can`t imagine just going up to a girl and asking her for sex. That pretty disrespectful (it also seldom if ever works anyway).

• umm...I still do?!?! Does that make me traditional? I don't know what kinda sleazy Douchey McDouchersons you know of but I don't work that way. It's not classy and gentlemanly IMO. Besides, that ruins all the fun if you dive into sex right away!

I still know plenty of guys and friends that still does the whole dating thing (like myself). That's still normal. You're obviously very pretty so I think you'll do JUST FINE.

• I totally hear you girl-whose-profile-picture-is-of-her-breasts.

What Girls Said 1

• depends on your age group. among younger individuals unfortunately there is a huge hookup culture. then when you get a bit older..out of college especially with slightly older guys who have jobs and such, they will date more, but often casual dating. meaning, they are not necessarily looking for a girlfriend, unless you get lucky.

and though casual dating, in my opinion, is much better than being FWB or just hooking up, it is very gray. I'm casual dating a guy, and he talks to me pretty much every day, but it isn't a relationship, and deep down I want a boyfriend, and I don't know if he'll commit to me that way, so part of me thinks I should just break it off, but I like him a lot and I'm not seeing anyone else right now anyway..so it's hard to do that and go back to being totally single.