Is it OK to date a guy one of your friends kissed if she didn't like him?

The situation is as following: A friend of mine once (drunkenly) made out with a guy 1,5 years ago. He then contined to text her but she wasn't interested and complained to me about how annoying he was and how she just wished he'd stop bothering her because she wasn't into him. Eventually she just didn't reply anymore and by doing so rejected him.

Now 1,5 years later this same guy asked me out on a date which I said yes to. Before said date I went to her to tell her and ask her how she felt about it. She said it was a little weird but it was my choice and she was okay with it, although she wanted me to know he is a slut ( ?the fk?). So I went out and had a great time etc etc.

Bottom line apparently she actually IS angry with me for agreeing to go on a date and she repeatedly expressed this after she already said it was okay. Now I'm really starting to like this guy, but I was wondering if it is okay for me to date him? Is she just overreacting or am I harrassing some kind of unspoken code o.o I mean she didn't like him right?

Most Helpful Girl

• If she was your best friend then I'd say you should back off just for the sake of it but if she's just a friend of yours then he's your and she will just have to get over it. It's her problem not yours. If she's angry at you, then let have her own little pity party. Life's tough and things like these happen. I have to deal with one of my close female friends semi dating my ex best friend and ex crush whom I was madly in love with. It kills me a little but I don't let that influence my relationship with this female friend cause that would be immature and selfish of me. She deserves a good guy like him (sniff sniff) so your friend should just deal with it and be happy for you.

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 3

• You should not feel guilty. Her fling with this guy was long ago, she has no ownership over him. It's not like they had a serious relationship. She can't expect to talk smack about how annoying a guy is and then expect to stop her friends from dating him. Her actions are very immature.

• She is a idiot it's a basic case of "he is my toy and you can't have him". She doesn't want or like him but she doesn't want you to have him either... even though she complained about him texting she enjoyed the attention and when that is moved onto another girl she gets jealous. I see it all the time girls want guys to want them because it makes them feel good even when they are not interested in the guy. Pay her no mind she needs to get over it and do so quickly...

• that's so stupid, she made out with him once. it's not like he's an ex.