Possible to have an internet crush?

Do you think it's possible to start crushing on/developing feelings for/falling for someone you've met over the internet? Why/why not? Any experiences you'd like to share?

Most Helpful Girl

• I met my boyfriend just over a year ago through Facebook - sounds silly! He lives in England and I live in Scotland. We were both going on holiday to the same place with our friends at the same time and planned to meet up, which we did. We both admitted we had fallen for each other through the internet before we met. Before I didn't believe it was possible to fall for someone without meeting them! When we went home we carried on speaking and he asked me to go and visit him - I did and he asked me out. We go to each others every two months. Its hard but when you love someone it does not matter.

• That's really cute! Lucky it worked out so well for you.

What Guys Said 3

• I think it's perfectly possible, especially if you use Skype or similar things.

• I think its possible to have a different view than you would in reality ... sort of like cutting a tomato into wedges instead of slices.

It is the same tomato ... but we never truly see the entire tomato picture in any medium unless we spend a lot of time looking at it.

• Yeah, that's an interesting way to look at it, actually.

• It's very possible, Id know.

What Girls Said 4

• Most definitely, I think a "crush" is very easy to get; the crush can even reach a level infatuation at which point PROCEED WITH CAUTION!" because so many of us want to mistake infatuation with love, and it isn't (setting sex aside) I "personally" do not believe you can be "in love" solely on the Internet, couples need intimacy, again not talking sex or solely, personal interaction is necessary to learn each others reactions, expressions, tones of voice, touches and even to learn to love the things you can't stand about them, but that is deeper than the question at hand, YES a crush is possible because it is an "idea" of who you want that other person to be. I do hope I didn't confuse you...I ramble, apologies.

• Nono, that actually made a lot of sense. I guess I share this opinion with you, because I can imagine that you can easily create an image of the person you're talking to. The rest that you don't know about him/her can be made up subconsciously, creating an image that intrigues you love-wise.

• Totally. I met my ex over the internet.

• its possible nowadays.

• Its possible.I have crush on many guys from the net.