How do you deal with having a significant other involved with theater?

For example if they are required to be close with someone of the opposite gender .__.

Like spending time out of rehearsals to get closer to better their performance and what-not... And if they have to be touching and/or kissing that person in the show..

I'm the really jealous type (I try to control it..) and my boyfriend is in theater...I've talked to him about it and he said I'm not going to get in his way of getting a lead part just because he'll get close to some other girl and possible have to kiss her :\ He's also explained to me that it's just their characters, it's all for the show, and that I'm the only girl he wants to do that stuff with..but I can't help but be jealous that some other girl gets to be close to him like I do :\ (this is all hypothetical...it hasn't happened yet, we only talked about it) We've talked about it and I told him I don't want to hold him back, but I am uncomfortable with it.

How do you deal with the jealousy? :\

(Although he has pointed out that he doesn't look the part for kissing roles link But he could still have a role where he's close with another girl :\\)

What Guys Said 1

• He's right. It's just for show. It may look real and genuine but it's suppose to for the show. The more real it looks, the better. But don't worry. It all fake. Try to not think of it to often. :D I hope that helps.

What Girls Said 1

• Eh, Idk, I could never date someone in theater for that reason. If it's just high school plays you prob don't have to worry.

• why wouldn't I have to worry?

They still kiss and have to get close to the other person for our plays

• Do they? But certainly nothing more than a quick peck. It's not like they require you to make out on stage, right?

Also, if your boyfriend is worth it, he'll only want you. You can't control what he does or wants. You either trust him or you don't. That's the bottom line.

• Its not that I don't trust him. I know he woudnt cheat on me or anything. And I know it's just that he's really passionate about acting :/ It just bugs me that some other girl can be as close to him as I get to be...Cause that's my place and no one else's :\