Why do guys ask girls how many people she has slept with ?

I'm sleeping with a friend of mine & he is forever asking me if I have slept with anyone recently? he asks this every couple of weeks just slipping it into conversation! he even asked at the beginning how many I had slept with & why it was such a low number! I have never asked him and wouldn't dare since it is casual sex, so why is he asking me? is it a big deal to guys knowning how many guys a certain girl has slept with?

Most Helpful Guy

• Personally if I wanted to know how many men it's because I'd want to know how many experience I have to contend with to stand out and be counted as memorable, but the way he's asking makes it sound like he wants you to tell him about the things you did. Saying "why so few" is just weird to me, normally guys would rather you didn't or at the very least if you had many hope that you'd be able to teach THEM something.

Maybe he's one of those guys that considers casual sex extremely normal?

• he knows everything about me! he had a girlfriend up until a couple of months ago so the situation is weird

What Guys Said 5

• it's a trick question lol. You say a low number and he'll think you're a boring prude who has no excitement but if you say too high a number he will instantly call you a slut.

• He might be getting his kicks off of it, or just wants to know... Who knows but him.

• he's asking to make sure he's not getting his buddy's left overs

• Assure him that you always practice safe sex and get tested regularly.

• Yes, I think it is a big deal, but I'm not sure why he's asking if you two are just casual partners. That's odd.

• is it a bad thing or ?

What Girls Said 1

• that is odd...i'd feel uncomfortable.