How do you feel about dating younger girls?

Guys, how do you feel about dating younger girls?

Also, how many years apart is too many?

Most Helpful Girl

• depends on the guy and his age. there is no set rule.

but beware of guys who are too much older if you are younger than your mid 20s or so. while some older guys can genuinely like, respect, and treat you well, there are many more older guys who have ulterior motives.

if you are under 18, don't go up more than a year.

if you are 18-22 or so, I'd be wary of more than a 5 year difference. Maybe up to 7 years if you are 21 or 22, but even that is a big gap.

Once you are a bit older, have a full time job and pay your own bills, not a student but in the workforce, you can date older guys because you will be more on their footing.

Yes there are exceptions. Sometimes you see 10 year age gaps or more where the girl is pretty young and it works beautifully and he treats her great. But tread with GREAT caution, trust me.

I am a 21 year old girl who has dated a few older guys, and it took more than one to learn my lesson. I'm still dating him but I'm seriously thinking of breaking it off, he's 12 years older.

More times than not, older guys who take interest in girls in their late teens and early 20s are preying. Especially if they are about 10 years older.

It goes like this. She's young and therefore will look up to him more, probably be easier to maneuver and control, will think more highly of him, she will have less baggage, she looks good on his arm. She will probably be easier sexually. She can make a good girl on the side or girl for fun.

Even if he isn't doing it to be malicious, I doubt he will take her so seriously most of the time, because she just doesn't understand life how he does. It can't be a real relationship.

But until you are at their point in life, meaning full adulthood, you are not equals, and if a guy that much older has a younger maturity level or life stage of a younger guy I would be wary too. You should not be equals when you are 21 and the guy is 10 years older.

Take it from a girl who has always been pining to date an older guy. It is really no picnic. I have never trusted a guy I'm involved with less than I trust him. That could also be him as an individual, but majority of people say to avoid much older guys while you are young for a reason.

Of course there are exceptions, but in this day and age I think a LARGE majority (not all, not trying to offend anyone) will have ulterior motives of some kind, it won't be pure.

What Guys Said 9

• Dating young trophy girls is a status thing for some guys. I personally don't care about age much. It is hard to come up with a number. I would say 8 years would be awkward. I have been dating a lot of younger girls lately and it has not been fun. They are very self-absorbed and view relationships as a source of drama so they have something to talk about with their friends. They don't seem to want anything healthy. I would say I date a lot of younger girls assuming this is the case. Unfortunately I went from the military to college so I am automatically older than my peers so it is hard to find girls my age. Whatever, I'm sure not all young girls are messed up.

• I dated/ was engaged to a girl 3 and a half years younger than me. For me, that's my limit, but as of now (I'm 23), I'll never date anyone who isn't at least 21. There is a gigantic difference of maturity between those who have got the drinking/partying out of their system and those who haven't. To me, girls younger than that are too immature...and yes I know guys aren't much better.

• haha I'd date a girl younger than me... usually they mature sooner than men also statistically speaking relationships when the men are 5 years older than the women are more successful. I'm 24 so I'd say 18 is the absolute youngest I'd go..and even that feels weird to me for some reason.

• I'm 22 and I think I would date girls between the ages of 19-24. If they are really special (more towards what I know I need, her personality, and including what I like) then maybe add/subtract a year. Otherwise I feel uncomfortable.

• I have a late birthday and so have always been young for my grade. All of my highscool relationships have been with girls one/two years older than me. I have started crushing on a girl in grade 9 (im in grade 10) and she's a little more than a year younger. Initially I didn't persue her(even though she's great and I must be an idiot) because I felt like my friends would judge me for being an LG-slayer but recently my good friend has started a relationship with a girl that has an even large age gap (2 years) and its given me some reassurance that as long as its within 3 or so years its totally natural and healthy to want to date. That being said each individual is different and a 17yr old may be ready to date a 22yr old but a 14yr old may not be ready to date a 15and a 1/2 year old and that may be a matter of mental rather than physical maturity

• i would not want to date a girl who is 10 years or more younger than me, preferably I would like to keep a 5 year difference

• as long as she's legal or 15 or 16+ (wich ever comes first) I don't care. where I live legal is 18 unless your 16 or 17 then its 16-17

• I wouldn't date someone below 16, I'm 18. I'd say over 3 years is too much though.

• My parents are about 5 years apart, and I'd say the older you get, the less it matters. At my age, I wouldn't date anyone 2 years younger or older

What Girls Said 0