Do you deliberately not pick up the phone at times when s/he calls you?

Do you just let the phone stop ringing so s/he doesn't think you're available all the time? Do you wait for a long time before answering texts? Do you do this often? Why?

Most Helpful Guy

• There have been times when I just was not in the mood to talk to anyone, even my GF, so I would just let voice mail get it. I do return the call later though. As far a texts are concerned, I don't put a priority on them. If I have the phone right there with me, sure, I'll respond to the text, however, I make it a point to telling the girl I am with that I am by no means ATTACHED to my phone.

Say for instance, I was in the kitchen making myself breakfast. My phone rings (Its in my room). Well, I will not run to my room to answer my phone or check my text message. I will finish what I am doing, and once I return to my room, I'll check my phone. Or if I go to the gym, I leave my phone in my gym bag. I won't check my phone till I leave the gym. That's just me. The phone is not a priority in my life above all others. I have never believed it should be.

You can't really expect the other person to be waiting for your text/phone call all day. What if he/she is busy studying hard and they just don't want to be disturbed because they have an important test coming up? Are you going to be upset because they didn't run to the phone and sit there talking to you for an hour or two? What if they finally end the call and they are no longer in the mood to study? I know I have done that a few times, so I decided to stop treating my phone as if its the first priority in my life. As long as your significant other returns your phone call or text within a reasonable time, like a few hours, then you really shouldn't have anything to complain about. However, if they NEVER answer the phone or text when you do call/text, then yeah, that may be a problem.

What Guys Said 4

• I won't do it because I want them to give me importance thou I do it when the girl starts getting to clingy and would eat my head with her crazy theories like m flirting or in a relation with someone else

• No: it could be someone else calling you.

• Never done that. If I can take a call or text I will.

• I sometimes turn my phone off or leave it behind when I don't want to talk with anyone. I need that alone time, and someone being able to contact me at any moment bothers me. I don't look at the phone, notice it's a certain person, and choose to ignore it.

What Girls Said 4

• No. If I don't answer I'm usually busy with other things. It just happens to be the case that the longer I date someone and the stronger commitment we build, the higher he climbs on my priority list. So where I couldn't call him back before my work was finished when we had only gone on a few dates, I will interrupt my work for him as my boyfriend.

• No I normally pick up or answer texts quick unless I'm busy and cant. I just can't play games I just hate them. If the guy plays games I usually don't stick around because he's not worth my time then. If he likes me he will make an effort and same for me.

• No, sometimes by accident usually when I have a ringtone that I like.

• Use to but learned my less not to do it...