Good girls finish last?

hey everyone. I'm a genuinely nice girl. I might not have stunning looks, I don't know like megan fox? I'm a next door type of girl. I was told I look like emma watson, to give you an idea. I'm funny and I'm most attracted to humorous guys. I'm into geeky things, video games, reading, painting etc. all over internet I keep reading boys nagging about their girlfriends being shallow and shopaholic.

I thought being a generally nice person with good looks would be enough to find love but seems like there's no one out there for me. I've been single for almost 2 years, met quite a few people but mostly I wasn't attracted to them, and when I was they weren't interested I suppose. I'm usually into good looking guys and there seems to be a huge misunderstanding. are all good looking guys arrogant and selfish and rather mean? I'm not being shallow, you just can't help who you're attracted to. seems like stereotypes are real afterward, all the unattractive dorky boys are kind and smart, and all the handsome guys are full of themselves.

I'm raised old fashioned and don't follow guys around. I'm rather quiet in a group of people- if I've just met them. do I have to change who I am and push myself to be more socially active, and become one of those loud people, seeking constant attention. do girls get attention only when they wear mini skirts and high heels? do you need enormous breasts or big red lips? is it all about sex? do you have to wear neon signs to be noticed ? do you stop educating yourself and worrying about how you make others feel when you're genetically, physically advanced? I don't know if I have self esteem problems, I'm wondering if I'm doing something wrong..

Most Helpful Girl

• Finding a good match is hard for everyone. Even drop dead gorgeous girls have a hard time. Because the number of people falling over her aren't all quality enough to get into a relationship with. So the looks issue is a non factor. There's someone for everyone.

0/2500

Send It!

What Guys Said 5

• It is great that you have high standards and you are saving yourself for a really great guy. I don't think the problem is you. You are probably looking for a guy who is not only physically and sexually attractive but intelligent and kind as well. These one of a kind guys are hard to come by. They are few and far in between. THAT is the only reason you are still single. NOT because you are quiet. Men notices quiet girls just as much as the loud ones.

From us good guys point of view, sometimes we cannot create that butterfly feeling in you immediately does not mean we are unromantic or won't ever be able to create sexual chemistry. It just takes time. you just have to give us a chance. Make us feel comfortable around you and you will see.

You can wait around and hope that perfect partner to come around (I did that for over a year before realizing just how lonely that kind of life was) or you can give more good guys a chance. Some guys are more guarded than others. But, boy, when they open up, you will be showered with all the love you ever dreamed of.

• A girl who looks like Emma Waston and is into books and video games? Where do I sign up? Although, by your logic since I am not selfish and arrogant I am probably too ugly for you, oh well. You seem to be naturally drawn to the players of this world, the men who wear the "neon signs" you are talking about. You are attracted to the flash of the sign, the promise of instant gratification. But there's no substance or meaning there. There are decent looking guys who are kind and sensitive and there are ugly nerds who are jerks. The sort of man you want if probably right in front of you but you don't know how to look.

• Sounds like you should calm down and have a burger.

He's out there, maybe a little a-social, but he's there.

• Haha. wait for sometime girl. :)

you have to be at least wait for us, guys to be mature enough to.go for nice girls :)

• I think it is for the best that you whore yourself up. It pains me to say that, but it's what you'll need to do to get the guys you want.

What Girls Said 1

• I guess I'm a bit like you. I'm not very pretty, but my boyfriend thinks I'm cute, so I guess I'm better looking than I give myself credit for. I'm kind, and can sometimes be too kind even though I know I shouldn't be. I'm introverted and are into humorous and geeky guys, I like video games, reading and stuff like that. I was like you.. I had given up on the thought that there was someone out there for me. It was only when I stopped looking that I found him. Or more correctly he found me. We met through some friends, and it wasn't love at first sight. But he was very interesting and good looking.. And I always wanted to wake up next to someone I love and feel complete. So I had a flash about waking up next to him, and how wonderful that would be.. But I quickly threw the thought away. I would never be that lucky anyway. He's a good, geeky, funny, type of guy.

we had our ups and downs threw our friendship.. Started hanging out a lot.. Ended up falling for him.. Same day my best friend calls and tells me she has a date with him the next day. Not what I wanted to hear, but I gave her a chance and didn't tell her how I felt since she was first. Time went by, we still saw each other and had fun together.. But it didn't work out for them. He never liked her that way.. And in the end she gave him up so I could have a chance. It was the most precious thing anyone has ever done to me. Now we have been together for 3 years. We live together, though he's in the army at the moment. Everytime I see him I fall more in love with him.

Don't stop looking, but change your priorities. Going after those types of guys that are so hot, they know it themselves, is never a good idea. Personally I prefer cute, and handsome.

And believe me.. Those A-social geeky guys don't have to be bad looking.. My boyfriend is living proof.