Should I ask or should I not ask?

theres this girl I sort of like and then there's another guy that sometimes flirts with her jokes around.

I know this other guy and we're good friends, should I ask him if he and her are dating or if I can go for it? lol

Most Helpful Girl

• Ask him if they're together. Be casual about it. But then you run into a problem of him telling you he's crushing on her and then you are that guy who is going after the girl he likes which will possibly end your friendship. So you can either go after her and pretend you don't notice the flirting or ask and put yourself in a sticky situation.

What Girls Said 4

• Why do you need to ask him for permission? He doesn't own her, but if you're confident about that, you can ask him since he's a good a friend of yours.

• well I'm not asking for permission,.. just that if there's anything between them

• Then go ahead and ask, but if he finds out you like her, he might be tempted to ask her out before you get a chance to, there's always a downside to that.

• Like said below, why do you need permission from him.. ? If he's a good friend casually bring it up and see where they both stand.. if they're not in a relationship - fair game, be confident and go for it.

• yeah I'm not so much asking for permission as I am trying to see where they stand, because this guy also flirts with some other girls too besides this one

• Ask.

• Yeah ask ahead of time

What Guys Said 3

• I don't think it hurts to ask. Maybe just ask if they have anything going on because you see them flirting.

• Id ask him first. Just to not risk messin with the friendship.

• Don't even ask him. Just say I'm gonna go for (her name) and he'll probably stop if he's talking to other girls.