Is this normal? Any feedback would be appreciated.

My boyfriend and I have been seeing each other for a little over a year now. We haven't had the easiest relationship as I've gone through a bit of a tough time and this has impacted on our interaction.

My boyfriend (T) works long hours and we normally see each other a few or a couple of times a week.

Tonight he is catching up with some friends, which is fair enough- he hasn't seen the friend in a long time- but as far as I know it is some sort of gathering to watch a TV show/doco. So there will be a mix of people there.

I've met some of his close friends and occasionally hung out with them but not as often as I'd like.

I know that he needs his space and he needs time with his own friends but why doesn't he feel the need to include or invite me? Is he ashamed of me?

I don't know. I feel slightly hurt as I'd know I'd invite him along to anything I was going to given the host didn't mind.

Am I just over reacting?

Any feedback would be great,

Thanks,

Retro_Red

What Guys Said 1

• If it's a bunch of guy gathering he may not be seeing how you would fit in there. It's like you won't drag your boyfriend into the discussion of makeup and clothing with your girlfriends. You may be satisfied by just being there with your boyfriend even though the event itself doen't interest you, but guys have a hard time understand that kind of satisfaction. If we do, shopping wouldn't be so bad. Lol.

I don't know the background it could be somthing else.

• Thanks for your quick reply. I know it's not just a guy only thing though.

What Girls Said 0