How do you draw the line between a date and a normal outing?

So without telling either party, how did YOU know it is a date or just an outing? If you were confused, but too shy to ask. Any pointers?

Most Helpful Guy

• Pretty much, most of the time if it's a one-on-one hangout between a guy and a girl it's a date. It can be useful to clarify though. If you're the one being asked out, ask, "What, like, as a date?", and if you're the one asking the other person out, and they say yes, say something like "Okay, it's a date!" or refer to it as a date later in the conversation or something.

What Guys Said 2

• Hard to say, I went with a girl to the movies and shopping like 5 times, when I finally decided to ask her if she considered it dating. She said no because we weren't BF/GF. So I think at a certain point you both have to be on the same page about your relationship and your expectations.

• I see, so what you mean is it depends on the timing. You'll know when the timing is right? :)

• I'd say usually... unless you mis-read signals. Or sometimes one person will just outright confess feelings and hope that it can become a dating relationship.

• What I wanna know is this, what's an outing?

What Girls Said 2

• its a date if its like more of a closer and more than friends one on one base then yes its a date, but its its as friends it can be an outing

• Great question, I wouldn't know either and I got guys confused thinking we were on a date jus cause I asked them out...

I think you only figure out its a date when there is so flirting going on and a kiss...

I kind of ask this guy out but I want it to be a date and I really don't know if it is cause he is a friend of a friend that has been my fb friend but we never been out together, I really don't know where we stand...it sucks

• I understand how you feel. I guess as time goes by when you two get more closer you'll know where you stand :)

• Or just call him up or something and be like "so when's our date again?"