What should one expect from going out on a date with someone?

In particular, someone one doesn't know well and hasn't met in person properly before but has been texting for a week or so?

By this question I mean in terms of:

1) What would the focus of the date be? Getting to know each other, simply having fun, etc...

2) As the dates go on is it with the end result in mind of having a relationship?

3) Any other comments you guys might have

Most Helpful Guy

• A first date should really just be a "getting to know you" type of situation, no stress, just have fun, talk and see if you have enough of a connection to justify doing it again. Second and third dates you should be comfortable enough with each other that you can see where things are going clearly and have talked about enough that you can decide if you want to take it further than just the hand holding you might have done on the first date of the good night kiss you might have given on the second if things went really well.

Ultimately though don't rush, go at your own speed and don't try to force things.

What Girls Said 3

• getting to know each other. Be yourself and having load of fun, and looking forward to the second date if it leads to that- wonderful.

• No goal. I used to tell someone else who got really nervous on the first date. It is only a light fun time. Please no heavy, sad facts (I don't want to know how much you hate your mom, dad, brother, etc). Too heavy usually end the date on the first date. It also give you a chance to see if there are any common grounds, chemistry, etc.

• I go on dates with no goal, I just wanna see how the person is to see if I want to hang out with them more in general

• It is a date though... so both parties are interested in each other... It's still just to hang out with the other person for you?

• yeahh, I find everyone interesting for the most part, maybe in a dating way or maybe as a friend either way I like to hang out

• Hmm okay.

What Guys Said 2

• Imo dates are for the end result of a relationship and BEING FRIENDS FIRST and just hanging out as friends is how to find out how much you enjoy their personality/company/etc. People rush into dating/relationships though.

• Fun with getting to know each other but nothing too personal. Of course the goal is to have a start of relationship at the end of the date, but if you focus on that too much you'll likely ruin a good evening. Go into it with a sense that if it works out cool, if not it's not the end of the world and at least you two had a nice time.