Men: What do you expect from a first date?

To know the woman, to get laid? to kiss her?

And if you guys kiss the first date what do you expect later on next dates?

Most Helpful Guy

• A first date is to get to know her and determine basic compatibility. You may have seen her, found her attractive and her personality pleasant, but you don't really KNOW her, so the first date is to confirm that all the things you initiallly liked about her are real, and that there are no major deal-breakers. And a good percentage of the time, there ARE deal-breakers, so not every first date is going to lead to a kiss or a second date.

Some girls you find there's no real attraction once you spend a little time with them. Some girls may be different than you thought personality-wise: brainless, shallow, self-centered, cruel, etc. Some girls may have another big deal-breaker:

- religion

- marriage

- children

- sex

- political ideology

- etc.

Assuming that both of you still feel the attraction, and there are no major deal breakers, I'm expecting to kiss her before the end of the date. I definitely don't expect sex, though I've gotten it before, and it was a surprise for both of us.

What Guys Said 9

• I'd date a girl to get to know her not to have sex... I'm not into that kind of stuff without an emotional connection. I wouldn't kiss a girl on the first date unless she was comfortable with it. But I'm old fashioned and I keep things slow. I can't speak for all guys though.

• I just expect for us to learn things about each other and hopefully score enough points for second date. I'm not into kissing on the first date. I prefer to save that for if/when it becomes "official".

• It depends on the woman. In general, men hope for a whole night of kinky sex, but they expect a whole night of conversation, followed by possibly being friend-zoned.

• I disagree. I don't think most men would hope to have sex on the first date. I think they'd just prefer to have a nice evening in general and get to know the other person.

Who knows though, I could be wrong.

• well, that comes with age. when the hormones are still at full throttle, sex is all guys want. I know a lot of guys my age that wouldn't want sex on the first date - I can't relate to them though..

• I'd expect to be able to have an ongoing conversation at least. And of course I expect we're mutually enjoying our time and company. I wouldn't expect a kiss on the first date, rather safe than sorry. I'd expect we'd both want to see each other again. If none of that happens, I wouldn't imagine feeling a spark.

• First date is to get to know each other and determine if there will be a 2nd date!

• I try to go to dates with no expectations so whatever happens is a pleasant surprise. I won't judge a girl for not wanting to kiss/sleep with me on the first date.

• better expect the worst and get the best..

• Just get to know her well and jus be with her for however long it lasts :)

• Just to get to know her. I would hope that any girl that I do date isn't giving it out to just anyone (including me). I'll find that out by getting to know you. A kiss probably wouldn't happen until after a couple of dates. I might move too slow, but that's how I roll.

What Girls Said 0