Who do I talk to when everyone comes to me for advice...?

Including my crush, he keeps talking to me about the girl he likes and about the date they are planning. I keep telling him to have confidence, and that I'm sure that she likes him back...but at the same time...it's killing me that I'm pushing him at the other girl, and I don't want to push him away.

But, I have no one to talk about my feelings, and I feel like I'm going mental.

I don't feel like I can go to any of my friends to talk, because they always come to me for advice, how can they help me?

Most Helpful Guy

• You know what, go to your friends anyway. See if they have any insight of their own. They may surprise you. Besides which it's not as if advice between friends needs to be a one way street. If they can't listen, refuse to listen or whatever, then they're not good friends. If they don't know what to tell you, then that's different, but at least you'd have a chance to vent, and heck, at least maybe, they might, at bare minimum, try. So you can always talk to them.

You can also talk to people on this site. There are some people on here who I find are surprisingly good listeners. Some even have insights that could change your entire view of a situation. I have found some real good friends on here that way. So you'd be surprised.

Now people may not be able to help you with getting your guy, but I gotta tell ya, it's awesome that you are such a good friend, that you are willing to put aside your own wants and needs, just to help him with his relationship, even though you secretly want him for yourself. Even though it kills you inside. Still, for what it's worth, I think you're a great girl for that. Who knows though, maybe someday (god forbid) you'll luck out someday, and his relationship will end. If so, then maybe you'll finally have a chance.

Anyway, all I can say for now is be strong, talk to us, or talk to friends. After all, if you can't talk to your friends, and you can't talk to total strangers, then who can you talk to about your problems? No matter what though, I'm rooting for you finding some kind of happy ending.

Good luck out there.

• Thanks a lot, I'll try my best in talking to people...I'm already aware that me and him will never be together, I just want him to be happy, being his best friend with open ears is the only thing I can do for him now.

• Oh I totally understand. I wouldn't want you to cling to false hope. Still maybe someday you'll get another chance. For now, just move on, if possible. As for who to talk to, as I said, there's this place, and there's your friends.

What Guys Said 2

• Honey, if he's talking to you about his affairs with other women, you need to wake up and smell the coffee. He's not seeing you the same way that you see him. If you see something in him that you really like, God gave you the power to change which direction he's looking. Just make sure that you establish sexual boundaries with him or anyone else that you date.

You say that you have no one to talk to about your feelings. Forget about your friends. I doubt that they have the experience of life. I see that your in the age range of 18-24. Have you ever heard the term Young & Dum? (no disrespect intended)Where do you think that came from. It came from all the older people who were once young too and have realized how little they really knew about life when they were younger.

You know what I discovered about my parents and older people when I got older? They know a thing or two about life and situations that your in right now. Do you go to a church? Why not try consulting with a Pastor? There's a lady out there who has her own radio program geared toward giving advice to callers about people relationships of all kinds.

Her name is Dr. Laura Schlessinger

drlaura.com/programhighlights

Also read this free E-Book The Laws Of Dating by Pastor Mike Tucker

scribd.com/doc/19065669/Laws-of-Dating-by-Mike-Tucker

If I knew of these 2 resources when I was younger, I would have saved myself a lot of trouble.

• Actually, I'm Atheist...I already know that nothing will ever happen between me and him, he told me himself...I just want to be the best friend I could ever be to him. You don't have no tell me to establish sexual boundaries for I don't believe in sex before marriage. Just because I have feelings for him doesn't mean I'm going to try something with him, that would be dumb and immature.

• You sound like a very smart woman and I agree with Toban on that it's mighty mature of you to guide him in his affairs and put aside your own feelings. You sound like a great catch! I know that you're an atheist and I can respect your choice. Read that book anyway. I mean what do you have to lose? It's free and it's not that long. Even though we may have different spiritual convictions than some people doesn't mean that we can't learn from them right? Peace

• You can talk to people here. I get people ask me about stuff all the time.

IRL, just open up to one of your friends that are most open to talk.

Also whenever your friends ask you for help, ask them for help when you're done giving them advice.

• I'm not sure how to be open to my friends

• Trust me I know how you feel. I've been the untouchable guru, but I've learned to give myself away little by little.

What I described above is what I've done with my friends.

• Thanks, I'll try

What Girls Said 0