Ladies...why do girls not approach me?

I don't think I'm an ugly guy (see for yourself by my pic) but I feel like I have to approach any girl in order to strike up a convo or to get them to talk to me. My last girlfriend said I was very intimidating but I don't see how that's possible. I'm nice, respectful, genuine, and I take good care of myself. Is it just because of the stereotype of guys should always approach girls or am I waiting for something that's never going to happen?

Most Helpful Girl

• A lot of girls aren't going to make the first move because its easier to find out if a guy is interested in us when they approach. By the way you described yourself it kinda seems like you have a strong personality, which is never a bad thing but your ex probably felt a lot of pressure to be with you. I think if you like someone, go up to them rather your the man or woman in the scenario! If she likes you, she'll make an effort. If she's not comfortable with doing so, then she'll do w.e. she can so that you can.

What Girls Said 8

• Intrinsically, men want to chase. This dates back to prehistoric days when men had to hunt buffalo in order to bring home a sandwich. It's infuriating, really, because I can be quite aggressive as well, but men don't like that. Men don't like being approached. Men like making the first move. Why? Because that's how they (you) are -- they want to be the man. That's how it should be!

I'm sure in some cases it works out (read:in movies), but usually not. Trust me when I say it's much more thrilling to 'chase' and, in the end, much more satisfying! That's the wonderful part about dating!

So, go on stud muffin, hit on that hot girl. What's the worse that can happen? She'll tell you to get lost? Her loss! Move onto the next one - you're the one that gets to hunt! =)

• Speaking of the stereotype about guys taking the first step, it's just something most girls would prefer. Usually guys we don't mind approaching first as friends are the ones we're not interested in. So consider yourself lucky that girls find you attractive enough to want you to make the first move, and there's nothing wrong with that right? At the end of the day however, it all depends on the girl.

• You do look kind of intimidating...that could make all the difference.

• You look kinda tough and I usually. Talk to shy guys

• the overwhelming, vast majority of girls are old-fashioned

• Girls ingenral don't approach guys unless maybe they know him

• Ur not my type then again I prejudge guys outside my race but your not ugly id say average

• You look friendly.

I don't approach people unless I have to so maybe there's just tonnes of people like that around you.

I really don't see why someone wouldn't approach you based on looks, I wouldn't take not being approached personally if I were you.

What Guys Said 4

• i'd tap that.

• You're missing your smile bro! A nice smile from your mouth and eyes projects that you are not that imitating. Also, it makes you feel more relaxed. If you repost with some pictures of you smiling you are going to get a completely different reaction.

• you pretty much answered your own question, yes it is because of the stereotype that guys are supposed to approach girls, and you said "last girlfriend" did you initiate or did she did? if you initiated, I don't see why you would be asking this question

• Because girls don't approach guys, as a general rule.

You're the guy. You're expected to approach the ones you want to talk to.