Men are like rubber bands is true?

that sometimes they go away for a few hours or a day and don't talk to their girl, which makes the girl worry, but then they come back stronger and more attentive if she gives him his space?

the guy I'm dating didn't talk to me for a day and I kind of panicked. but he came back a day later and for the past two days he's been talking more and now he wants to see me today because we were supposed to go out at the end of last week but the weather was awful so he asked to make it up to me today, which I am surprised about.

Does this mean he does like me?

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes, like all rules there are exceptions, but I think that's one that is mostly true.

However, there are two corollaries to that rule. The first, is that women generally don't let the guy have that space, or get freaked out when he takes it. The second is that when the guy comes back, and expects the relationship to continue at exactly the same intensity it was when he pulled away, the woman is distrustful and withholds the affection, in effect, punishing the relationship because he needed space.

• yeah that is what john gray warns against. I never text him even though he had complained one time that I never make the effort, so since I wasn't hearing from him I decided to tell him about this book we always talk about that I finally read. it took him a while to respond and I got miffed but the next day he did and I acted normal and nice, didn't take forever to respond or act colder towards him. I was tempted at first because I was a little hurt but I let it go for now

What Guys Said 7

• One day is nothing. Youve got to let him have his own time. Just remember that even if he loves you more than anything else in the world he still had his own friends/social life/daily routine ect ect before you were dating. I love spending a lot of time with my girl but I still need my own time. If I'm on a camping/fishing trip or something with the guys or ill even just turn my phone right off for a few days or a week or whatever. I think most guys are the same and don't like being smothered all the time. However, it only takes a little break and ill start to miss her which makes me appreciate her more. As long as he is sensible about it and treats you well ect and is not taking advantage and lets you have the same space if you need it I would say its all good. So if I were you I would not be worried at all.

• Analogies are like your childhood blankie- they are cool and you feel like they help you out so much in the world, but they never seem to cover everything.

• Rubber also wears out and hurts if you stretch it too far and it comes back at you.

• Lol, sounds like it.

• Do you think that All the Fingers of your hand are same?

• Some are like that...but certainly not all...(:

• How is that like a rubber band?

What Girls Said 1

• Some people are.

If you come off too strong (the guy will want nothing to do with you). It will show that you are desperate.

If you give the guy space , and give him a chance to contact you (instead of being the first to do so all of the time) then he will continue his interest in you.

He is interested in you, if he weren't (he wouldn't want to see you)