Kissing on a first date? Yeah or neah?

Do you think kissing on a first date is a good idea assuming you two get along? Or does not kissing add to the mystery? Or do you think not kissing the other person on a first date assuming theirs chemistry a bad move and a killer chance for a 2nd date? Do share stories and/or examples/theories.

Most Helpful Girl

• I think you just have to feel it out... you know, decide when and if it feels right. I went on a date recently where it was clear the guy and I were compatible, had chemistry, and worked together- he kissed me in the pool. Not super romantic, but it was still the right moment. And that was in the first part of the date (there was a lot planned for that day, lol).

However, I have been kissed on first dates where it's totally turned me off to someone. I agreed to go out with this one guy, and he took me to dinner, and then I was just really tired so I wanted to skip the planned movie. Things had been weird for about an hour or so, ever since I started feeling really tired, and I think he thought I was just trying to blow him off. So, when he walked me to my door, he tried to kiss me and I turned my head. Wrong moment, wrong signals, wrong time- I never saw him again.

I also went out with one guy, with whom I had the right signals, right timing, and we seemed compatible, but the kiss was terrible. So terrible, in fact, it stopped us from ever going out again.

Moral of the story- if the timing, person, and signals are right, just do it! If its terrible, well, then its terrible and you probably wouldn't have wanted to continue dating the person anyway. So yea. That's what I got for you.

What Girls Said 24

• If it went really well, yes.

• If it seems like the girl likes you, do it at the end of the day after you've taken her home or whatever. Mysterious. You will leave her with her heart pounding. But don't over tongue... She will slap you... Hard...

• I think you should wait to kiss at least until you have really spent lots of time together

• I really don't think kissing is as big a deal as people make it out to be. Kissings fun go for it!

• Yeah

• Neah

• Its defiantely not a turn on

• I can't think of any reason why not to kiss on the first or any date, kissing is hot.

• It all depends on the person and how well the date is going. If you don't think she would be down with it, then clearly don't. But I suggest trying it because in my experience, it is extremely disappointing to end a date without a kiss.

• Hey if it happens it happens. A kiss is a kiss.

• I think it depends a lot on the people on the date and their prior relationship. My boyfriend and I knew each other for a while before we had a date so it felt right to kiss on the first date. If I had met him online and that was our first time meeting in person, I don't think I would have been comfortable with it at all, no matter how well the date went.

Other people might be less reserved and be more comfortable in that situation than I would be though.

• Just take your time and when you feel like it's right go for it, I waited for about four months, I've been dating him for over a year and a half and I still don't make out. Don't feel like you are forced to kiss right away :)

• Depends. Are u cute or hot?

• i think its fine

• Why not...

• I think kissing on the first date shows that you're interested. It's based on how the date went. But, obviously, no tongue on the first date. Stay classy. Unless you're being invited in for coffee.

• If the date is going well then later in the date you can kiss her but don't make it a quick peck and don't go all make-out session

• No, I don't kiss on the first date, not even if there was intense chemistry

• Feed off the other persons vibes! This goes a long way! I usually tantalizingly mal a guy wait for the second date, but if she seems like she's down and you really want to there is no harm in giving her a nice soft but lengthy kiss at the end of the night!

• I think you should do what you feel. If you're holding back because you're not sure you want to cross that line, that's fair. If you want to but you don't because you want to add to the mystery or temptation, that sounds more like you're playing games. If you think the moment's right, go for it! :)

• I'd say a kiss on the cheek would be appropriate for the first date.

• Neah!

• Nay I'm a shy person and see going to fast as rude

What Guys Said 2

• I've kissed on the first date and honestly, you're rolling dice. Even if she acts interested you never know! I've kissed one and she got butterflies while I've pecked one girl on the cheek at the end of one and she got all pissed off.

I say take the risk and if they get pissed off, just realize that you dodged a lunatic.

• Usually a good indicator if there will be a second date. Though admittedly, if your first date is a 30 minute coffee, there might not be enough chemistry for it. Second date, dinner date? Yeah, there should be a kiss.