End this friendship or keep trying?

Sorry this is kind of a story.

Me and this girl were friends in high school, we hung out a lot, never dated, but we didn't really hang out outside of school much. So after high school we kind of lose touch. We would text each other, but rarely ever hung out. I would either ask her to hang out or she would ask me but it just never happened. This continued until I felt like it was just me still trying to hang out with her. Eventually we stop texting and don't see each other for about 3 years.

About a month ago I see her at a friends birthday party. We talk and agree that we should hang out. We start texting and again still can't seem to ever actually get together. One week I ask her to hang out on 3 separate days and she claims to be busy every day, and never tells me when she is able to hang out. On Friday I invite her to come to my bands gig. She says she will be there. So later that night she never shows. I text her and ask her what happened. She claims she came but forgot her ID and couldn't get in. I ask her why she didn't just let me know because I knew the bar owner and could have gotten her in, or even just gone outside to hang with her. But she didn't really have an answer. We haven't talked since.

So is this just a failed friendship. I know neither of us are trying particularly hard to get together, but I feel like I have been putting in more effort than her. Should I attempt to see her one more time, or just call it quits?

Most Helpful Girl

• I think that when there is interest in you to hang out with someone you do just about everything, complication always come to make things difficult but some how we always make it work even if your late. What I'm trying to say here is that her desire or her interest to hang out is not really there and if you value her friendship maybe you can just stick with that, and wait for her to ask you out, if she ever does.

What Girls Said 4

• You know what you want to do...go with that.

• One more time.

• It seems like she's avoiding you ... but its your call

• One more time for sure don't give up.

What Guys Said 2

• I would've ended it a while ago. Kudos to you for being persistent, but if you waste all that time worrying and caring about a friend who hasn't reciprocated that care, I think it's better if you just cut it off. It's not healthy for you and you might actually be annoying her. You can keep the door open though. Let her know that she can always talk to you whenever. If she decides not to take up the offer, her loss!

There's also the possibility that she might like you (it's a stretch)? I was really good friends with a girl back in high school, and suddenly, she kinda cut me off. I tried to meet with her at places but it never worked. I found out later from one of her friends said that she liked me but was too nervous to see me after all the time apart. I told her I didn't see her as more than a friend, but because of that, she said she wouldn't feel comfortable hanging out with me anymore. Sucks that it happened but that's life.

• eh life is too short man... just move on... its very toxic to you health ... their literary 1000's of women... and some are willing to spend time with you