One word answers, Do they bother you?

This guy that I talk to always says he wants to talk to me (like texting). We talk all the time in school. Anyways, every time he texts me or I text him he gives me one word answers most of the time. Like I actually try making conversation. Is there something wrong with this?

Most Helpful Guy

• yeah its definitely annoying

What Guys Said 2

• It bothers me too so that's why I never text guys like ever. If I need to talk to them I call them and ask them. I don't like one word answers though, esp me since I have trouble sending short texts it makes me feel like they don't want to talk to I leave it alone. Guys do text short most of the time but if he is not even trying then he is either busy... I doubt it or he just isn't interested in you.

• Speaking as a guy, we are fairly straight to the point. If you're asking a question that can be answered with a single word, we probably will. I wouldn't take it as a sign that he's not interested in talking or anything. Try to striking up a conversation about something he's really into, and see if that helps to get him to send lengthier responses. :)

What Girls Said 3

• Yeah it's pretty annoying. It's hard to have a conversation with someone who just keeps saying yeah, uh huh, sure, okay, etc... I just give up trying to talk to those people.

• Ask him something that requires an explanation. "What did you think about that last movie that came out?" Some people are just boring texters.

• It's understandable to be annoyed with one word answers, but think of it this way--

I get annoyed when people ask me questions that I can only come up with one word answers to. My mom used to ask me, "how was school?" and I'd say "fine." it annoyed her because she wanted more description, but I got annoyed because her questions weren't descriptive enough. She wanted to know what I did in each class, what kind of grades I made, if I made any new friends, etc etc, but she wouldn't just ask them or be more specific. I'm not a descriptive person by nature, I don't lead or carry conversations unless I'm talking to someone who knows how to get me through my confusion and restraints, or someone who knows that if they ask me "what type of dog should I get?" I'm going to be the one who goes into my element of giving advice on dogs, because it's one of my atrongest areas, and then from there, after I've opened up some, I can be led into other conversations.