Guys: How do you text a girl you like verses a girl you aren't intereted in?

Do you typically use smilies\haha's in texts? Do you usually actually type every word out, or do you typically use abbreviations such as idk, ttyl etc.? How many words approximately are your texts if you like the girl and if you don't like the girl? Also, if you have no interest would you completely ignore her texts? Would you text first a lot or only if you had a good reason if you really like her?...Thanks!

Most Helpful Guy

• You are way, way WAY overthinking all of this. None of this stuff means anything to guys. Guys text when they want something, and at othertimes are too lazy to respond.

In a relationship, you should only use texts as the VERY LAST RESORT for communicating anything relationship-related, because it is the worst form of communication available. The best is face-to-face converstions, much worse is over the phone (but you can still pick up a lot of emotional context that way), and texting is the absolute WORST way to communicate.

Guys don't live for their phones like girls do, and guys don't multitask well, so if they get distracted by something, they'll ignore their phone in mid-conversation when texting. You can't read anything into that other than it's a guy on the other end.

If it's important at all, CALL HIM.

What Guys Said 3

• well I think if I like a girl, I usually call her by naughty names and also use winks/smileys and yup I type every word (you know that's an another way to keep conversation somewhat long :P ) unless I'm not interested. and I would't completely ignore a girl if I'm not interested(though I would give indicators of disinterest) because it's sound very rude..!

and yeah when I desperately like her then I would send her first text but NOT A LOT though, :)

• Idk, I don't count, but I use abbreviations regardless, except when I'm actually talking. depends on what the topic is. I text her if she doesn't reply then I just move on. (after a week or something, I don't wait for a text back, I'll go find something to do or someone else to talk to.)

• i don't initiate text with girls I don't like that much keep my texts short and abreviate a lot

girl I like a lot of lols and smilies and spell everything out=]

What Girls Said 1

• smiles and hahas and abbreviations have nothing to do with liking someone.

it's about the big picture, not the little dots.

big picture...he's contacting you a lot, he wants to talk to you and likes you. doesn't mean he wants to be your boyfriend but he has interest. the more frequently he contacts you and depending on the content of the conversation he could be more or less serious about you but that is related to overall context of content.

this is why girls are wrong when they say "well he always answers me so he likes me!" no. wrong. if he liked you that much he'd be initiating the contact majority of the time.

take it from me and ALL my friends who have been through the same thing!