What do I do if I have a boyfriend but I like this other guy and he likes me too?

I've been dating my boyfriend for a year and two months and about a month ago I started liking this guy and I found out he likes me too. He told me he respects that I have a boyfriend and that he doesn't want to mess things up. He also told me that he wants me to like him, but at the same time he doesn't because he doesn't want to mess up what I have with my boyfriend. I love that he understands. The thing is, we've been kinda flirting since then. He's SUPER sweet and I love everything about him. I love my boyfriend, but I can't stop thinking about this other guy. I don't know what to do.

Most Helpful Guy

• The most rational thing to do is to create a list of positives and negatives of sticking with your boyfriend and moving on with the other guy. Then, decide. Of course, using rational techniques may not work with the subject of love, but it's ultimately dependent on what your heart wants.

• The thing is, my boyfriend's sweet &all but it's kinda hard to keep a conversation going with him sometimes.. and this other guy, we can talk aalll day.

We hadn't talked since the 3rd grade &my friend told me that there had to be a reason why he came back after 6years. Then again, another friend told me that maybe it's just a test to see if I really love and can be faithful to my boyfriend after over a year..

• That's one positive thing about the new guy.

What Guys Said 2

• I would discontine this friendship unless you are planning on dropping you current boyfriend. It is not fair to your boyfriend by talking to this other guy. Also like one poster mentioned, you are at a stage where the new guy is chasing you and giving you full attention. Trusth is he could put you in the same situation you are in with your current boyfriend. You could wake up and realize that this new guy made you no more happier than your boyfriend you have now does.

• Monkey swings from tree to tree

What Girls Said 1

• You're with your boyfriend for a reason otherwise you'd have ended it right when you started flirting with the new guy. I think the reason the new guy seems more interesting and you can talk all the time is the fact that he's new and its in the "getting to know you" stage and its also just the fact that its a new person so it seems more fun and like it'd be so great. The more you flirt with the new guy, the farther you get from your boyfriend and who knows the new guy could end up not being what you thought and now your actual relationship is screwed up. If anything, try and spice up your current relationship before you start thinking about moving on. Give your guy a chance, trust me there is always more new people but its hard to get back those who you've already had a chance with.