Has girls ever chosen average guy over handsome guy?

I know all that stuff about what women think about guy's looks and personality, but, at the end of the day, have you girls ever been in a position where between the average guy with great personality and the handsome guy with average personality, you chose to have sex or relationship with the average guy and shut handsome guy out the door and nothing ever happened with him?

Most Helpful Girl

• Well..I had a crush on a realllllly cute guy...and he was a total jerk in the end. And I decided to get with my next crush...who is not as cute or attractive...but he is a complete sweetheart...so kind...and gentle..and fun..rarely ever a jerk. (He's my boyfriend now) I know it does not exactly match your description...but I feel it is close enough...I don't like jerks...some girls do..but I don't. I don't care how hot you are...if you're an a**hole...I starts to lose interest pretty fast. And I am not shallow...I admit..my boyfriend is not gorgeous or handsome or hot...he's cute...yes..but not the hottest guy around...but he makes me feel warm and accepted and fuzzy and cared for and really happy inside...and he makes me laugh and smile and so much more...looks can't do all of that. So yes I chose the average crush over the really cute crush...cuter than my boyfriend now. ;) Not all girls go for the hot jerks...I don't go out of my way to be abused by a jerk just because he has a handsome face...how silly. ^.^ My boyfriend's a sweetheart...you don't need fantastic looks to be one. =)

What Girls Said 3

• Every time. I find I relate more and want the average guy more because he's more "normal" to me, honestly. His visible flaws or whatever else make him more real than someone who is good looking...Handsome men have their pick and when you can have 5 candies why would you choose 1, you know? So that's an issue. Also, I have insecurity issues so dating a handsome man wouldn't work for me, I'd like to feel wanted and needed in a relationship and not fear being cheated on etc, which unfortunately I probably would with a handsome man.

• I'd take the awesome personality any day. I don't want someone who's so perfect that they make you feel inferior. Besides, I want someone intelligent and can have good conversation. Because a great personality makes up for a slight lack of looks by a longshot.

• The way you word it makes it sound like it's assumed that if someone is better looking they must have some fault in their personality and are less intelligent.

• That's how it seems to be a lot f times.. I want someone who feels more real to me. I'd be intimated, almost by some one too perfect.

• I'm pretty sure the answer is yes. Instead of seeing hot guys dating ugly chicks, I see hot girls dating ugly guys more. But more so than personality and attitude, I think its usually because girl's expectations of guys are much lower. We take into account of conversation, appearance, and the whole.

What Guys Said 1

• They lie