Women only: Have you ever dated a nice guy, just to get closer to some jerk?

I've often wondered if a girl would date a nice guy, to get closer to a friend or family member etc who was a jerk? If you were attracted to a jerk but knew the only way, to get involved was to date their nice friend etc would you do it?

I honestly don't believe anything you women say. There is no way you wouldn't date a nice guy, to get closer to a jerk. That's the perfect opportunity to do so, you date the nice guy to see what kind of girl the jerk prefers. Come on admit it I have a good point.

Most Helpful Guy

• no dating but I would say they would have close to the guy to get closer to other guy. Many people use people to get what they want, no big news there.

What Girls Said 14

• No can't believe you would ask this question :\ your practicly asking this hoping we'd say yes we would to make guys who think we all go for the "bad boys" give them more of a reason to hate us but I am not going to comfirm their misleading and pre-judgemental thoughts because of the sake of a few, I would go for the good guy (and no that is not be talking poo), id rather have a guy who stays with me than a temporary relationship. Also the "bad guys" are not exsactly bad, sure they might play around a bit and show off with their jerk-off friends by cheating but they are actually just like the younger girls too who don't know what they want and who also play around, they are trying to find their way but I don;t think most people would stoop this low to do this, this misconception of "bad boys" needs to be re-altered or people shouldn't try to understand it when they can't and think these guys are out to get other guys.

• I know guys are always saying "girls only like bad guys." Well, some do. And I don't understand it either! They're heart-breakers and it's wise not to go there in the first place. So for me personally, I would never date a nice guy to get closer to a jerk - if I knew he was a jerk, why would I want to be with him? I'd rather be with a guy who treated me nicely. How somebody treats their friends and family is usually a reflection of how they would treat somebody they are in a relationship with. I once dated a guy who I thought was a good guy but turned out to be bad.. but if I knew he was bad from the start then I wouldn't have dated him!

But to answer your question: no. In fact, I would never date someone to get closer to another, simply because it's immoral! That's called using someone. I have been betrayed before, I know how it feels to be on the receiving end of that, and I would never want to put another human being through that because I know how much it hurts. You should treat people how you want to be treated; I am a strong believer in this. But that's just my view.

Sure, there will be girls in this world who will use guys and go out with a nice guy to get closer to a jerk, just like there will be guys out there who will do the same with a good girl to get to a slut/popular girl/bitch. It happens. However, there are also good girls and good guys who have strong morals and would never do such a thing. There's a mixture of people out there. Be wary of stereotypes and labeling an entire gender based on the levels one girl may/may not sink to to get what she wants.

• Never done that and @update. IF you think you know the answer to your question and dismiss all the answers women have said regardless then it's pointless to even ask the question.

• Well I guess it was pointless for you to have answered it then huh?

• I'm speaking the truth from a female's point of view but clearly that means nothing to you as you believe you've got everything figured about us. Which by the way. IS false.

• You can twist this however you want, it still doesn't change the fact what I, said isn't somewhat true.

• I personally wouldn't do that.

I think it's a waste of time, just go after the jerk first. It just sounds dumb. Plus, that's just disrespectful.

I heard of girls dating people to get closer to other people but I don't know if the other people were jerks.

• @update: You, sir, have met some seriously messed girls or something, but please don't go assuming the rest of us are like that.

• Okay... So, you believe that every girl in the world will use a nice guy to get to a jerk? Correct? o.O

• I hope your gay, for your sake.

• No way of course not I couldn't use someone that way. It would be harsh to think that you'd lead somebody on just to get to someone else.

• i've never dated someone to use them

• I wouldn't date someone to get closer to someone else. That sounds too fake and I would feel too ashamed of myself.

• Nope, if I was interested in the jerk I'd ask the nice guy to hook us up.

• So basically you would lead the nice guy on to date a jerk? Yeah that ain't shallow.

• Sorry but to later to defend yourself. And yes I am defensive because all I hear, from women is blah blah blah. That's all you guys do you may say one thing but you mean another.

• so then why bother asking the question if this is how you feel?

• Nah, That'd be stupid. If I'm interested in a guy, I directly approach him. I mean, asking someone else to get me in contact with someone I like, yes. But actually dating someone I don't like just to get closer to someone I actually like? Hell no.

• No

• no I wouldn't because I wouldn't want someone to do that that to me.

• No and I wouldn't do it. I'd like the nice guy just for the nice guy.

• Dunno what happened to you, but you sound quite upset about it.

• Never. I have a lot more class and respect for humanity than to do that.

• LOL No, you pompous little twit. I would never. I NEVER date, unless I see a future - good guys OR jerks. The minute a guy doesn't thrill me any more, I break up with him. I'm obsessive about not leading people on. Now go watch some more p*rn.

What Guys Said 2

• Umm, not exactly, I would say. This sounds like the kind of thing a movie would set up, though, to create incredible frustration with a female character.

I could picture I girl befriending a "nice guy" to get closer to a guy she likes. As for dating him, naw, I'm pretty sure that's too much of a hassle. They'd be worried they would get stuck with the nice guy.

I think the problem here is that guys, like girls, tend to pick out the most enraging examples of the other gender.

Self-fulfilling mentality:

-If something bugs you, you think about it. You remember it.

-If something doesn't bug you, you don't even notice it. You forget it.

-After a lifetime of this, you circle back through your thoughts, and you realize the only examples you remember are the ones that offended you the most.

Ergo, you assume the worst of others.

To me, the most daunting thought about the other gender is difficulty in relating to their attraction. That is, we'll hear what they're attracted to, but we'll misinterpret it, often because it's difficult for we ourselves to relate to such means of attraction. It's unsettling. That is, it's unsettling as long as you pin any amount of self-respect on the sexual respect of the other gender.

But I think it's pretty clear that "getting laid" and being a good or influential person are two separate things entirely.

For instance, one of the most influential people in the world, Sir Issac Newton, was, in fact, a virgin upon his death bed. This was a man who created a large chunk of today's modern science before he turned 30. His ability to get laid, or married, or anything, was completely separate from his legacy.

Nikola Tesla, responsible for the 20th century's greatest technologies, some that are just now becoming implemented. AC current delivers power incredibly far, and is the standard across the planet. His study of electromagnetism led also to the development of the telephone, telegraph, radio, TV, WIFI, and possibly in production, WiPower (powering devices via wifi-like signal). He himself actually gained several female admirers. He said such relations would have been a distraction from his work towards humanity. He died a virgin.

There are more examples where that came from.

So this may be beside the point of the question, but it's an important relation. Don't find love, for you will be forsaken by it. It'll dismantle you. If you like a girl and she doesn't like you, don't try to convince her otherwise. Don't shower her in compliments to try to sway her. Simply cut her off and get on with what you feel is really important. Easier said than done.

• Those guys you mentioned were smart, I'm not big difference. And are you saying I should ignore someone I like? I've done that so many times but yet I'm still single. I honestly believe its because of my looks.

• Yes I believe being smart is an excuse, If you were a women would you date or marry a dumb ass? No why women want smart men, not men like me.

• Ahh, that's what you're referring to. This brings up an interesting point as well: People cling to relationships if they feel they don't have anything else to give, or anywhere else to give it. As men, we're often socially discouraged from most forms of love, charity, and help, and feel the only place to appropriately become passionate is in a relationship. Thus, a man good at math is a "nerd", while a man with 60 lovers is a "stud". You have more to give, even if society tells you you're "dumb"

• its never happened to me and most women wont' obviously there are those few who would, but overall no. And if you don't believe what women say then why don't you label it a question for guys only then?