Calling/texting morning and night

Is it wrong of me to be upsets that my boyfriend texts me goodnight and good morning? I understand sometimes things come up, he can only text. But the way I see it, is I can text anyone goodnight, but a phone call is more personal and direct. I don't call everyone. I'm his first girlfriend... He's 19, I'm 22. I was in a 3 year relationship. He is a gentleman, family oriented, and sometimes that's his reason for not being able to call. I dunno, I'd just like he feed back...he was really big in high school, but recently lost weight... why he didn't have past girlfriend i guess (I didn't know him at the time, it wouldn't have mattered to me)

Yea I have...n like he would do it but then he would get all see I called type attitude. I try not to read to much into it, because I kno he doesn't mean it in a negative way. But its like, I won't c him all week, I'd like to a actual phone call. Not a text conversation. The way I see it, I only take time to call someone important... See how there day was yada yada, ... Txt are just impersonal to me. Idn...
Oh and I will call him to say goodnight, he wnt answer, them ill get text bck. That drives me crzy. I guess I'm just picky. Sorry boys. Hope yall dnt have one like me :)

Most Helpful Guy

• Seems like there's more to it than just the texting but I'll answer just that question.

No it's not wrong, we all have our preferences towards communication methods. That being said, you could certainly drop some form of hint to steer him towards calling, or you could even call him yourself.

• I agree, texting is very detaching & can quickly get annoying.

Voice how you feel about texting to him. If he doesn't try to meet you halfway, not sure what to tell you besides thinking about the relationship since it's an issue for you.

What Guys Said 2

• You should be grateful because some guys don't even text their girlfriends goodmorning/night. And if you want to talk to him that badly, what's stopping you from calling him? Honestly I feel like some girls just have some sort of instinct to make drama out of nothing.

• Oh OK yeah that seems like it would be annoying. I mean you could tell him that it bothers you but I feel like it's not something worth risking getting in a fight over. Relationships are full of compromises so maybe him hating talking on the phone (which is pretty common with guys) is just one of those things you will have to put up with. Like I said, a lot of guys don't even text their gfs good morning and good night so try to appreciate that he does that for you.

• He may think that sending a good morning or good night text is like saying "I just wanted to let you know that I was thinking about you." kind of thing.

Have you talked to him about it?

What Girls Said 2

• Ask him to call you instead.

• We all have our preferences towards communication styles, however he really doesn't need to say goodmorning/ goodnight the same way you don't. It's his choice to do so.