What defines a date?

Basically the question says it all. I am so confused about what a date is, I just want others opinions. My friend says its when 2 people get together with the intention of getting to know each other on a level beyond friendship. So does that mean that judo wrestling followed by hanging at a coffee shop and talking = a date?

Most Helpful Guy

• A date to me is having fun and getting to know that person. And seeing how personacts and how they treat you.

What Guys Said 3

• I would say you had a "casual" date.

Sometimes when I meet a new girl, we "hang out" meaning we talk and maybe have coffee but we don't really do anything besides that. Sometimes I have 'casual" dates where we meet, talk go out to lunch and do something else. Then there are "formal" dates where I have made plans to do something specific like a concert or dinner. I guess in some sense they are all dates. In your case, I would say you had a casual date.

• Really, a date is whatever an individual wants it to be. There doesn't have to be any specific activity or function. if you're out with a guy and you question it being a date, its probably a date. if you aren't sure ask.

• No, dating is when there is a physical connection, kissing, sex etc.. A date without physical interaction as such, is just an outing. Unless you're one of those people who believe guys ad girls can't be just friends, which of course, they can't

• I find that hilarious when people say guys and girls can't just be friends considering some of my best friends are guys and we would never date each other. We're like siblings its gross hahahahaha.

• ha. arasseo. michigene. aissi jinjja babo yo.

• Ya'll are wrong

What Girls Said 1

• Usually when a guy ask you out and it could be anywhere just you two. And trying to get to know each other. Like I went on the date with couple of guy and they would take me out to eat and pay for it.