When do you think it's been too long to text back?

I often miss texts to my cell because it's on silent the majority of the day. I'm not allowed to have my cell on during work and I forget to take it off silent after. So, I miss a lot of texts. Usually if it's been only a couple hours I'll text back, but if it's been like over 8 hours I don't bother. Does anyone else do this?

Most Helpful Girl

• yes. for me its cause I don't like texting and only text when I have to ask someone something. other than that my phone is switched off when I'm at home and on silent mode when I'm elsewhere. but it depends on whom as well, if its someone I'm gonna see tmr or something, I won't bother replying. depends on importance of the text too. if its a text from a friend trying to "chat" I usually can't be bothered to reply. if it's for a meeting or something that needs my acknowledgement that yes. but on the whole, if the situation calls for it I would reply just out of courtesy. its kinda rude to ignore sometimes.

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 3

• I miss a lot of texts, too, when I'm in class or at meetings, etc. If the text is no longer relevant, I won't bother texting back. If it's from a person I see regularly, who I know won't be upset if I don't respond, then I don't reply. I usually see my texts within a few hours, so I usually text back.

• Thats fine. you just can't text at work but no I don't do that. even at work, I text. haha

• sometimes I've missed mine by a few days but I reply.