Who is wrong or are we both wrong?

My boyfriend says it is wrong of me, to not want him to hang out with a girl who wants to be more than friends. He says I shouldn't do that, but then he says I can't go to a group thing because there will be other guys there. Who is wrong?

Most Helpful Guy

• Do you really need to ask? Just look at the trust issue with clear eyes. If he cares enough about you and he has any interest in trying to make your relationship last, he will realize that spending time with a woman that wants to be more than friends is causing you to be ill at ease and creating a trust issue. If the group thing that you are going to without him is the kind of event where single guys and girls are usually looking to hook up then he has a right to be uncomfortable with you going without him, unless you aren't really interested in trying to make this a long term relationship. People who really love each other show it with their actions, they don't just say the words.

• The group thing, is a church event.

• Also I told him he could come along.

• Then he is being controling and manipulative and you should kick him to the curb! You deserve better and this is going nowhere good. He is trying to use your good trusting nature against you and it won't get better.

What Guys Said 1

• You are both wrong and both have trust problems and insecurities

What Girls Said 3

• He's wrong entirely actually. If he knows she wants to be more than friends then he knows he shouldn't be doing anything with her because she may drag him into persuasion and may cause him to cheat on you. And for you to not go to a group activity is wrong on his part because if those people know that you have a boyfriend, then they will witness if you cheat on your boyfriend, and they could let your boyfriend know that you cheated and I don't think any girl wants the spotlight as such. Which then means that he has trust issues. Now I can understand if you were going with a guy alone somewhere, then he has the right to be mad. But not in this situation.

• Well I wouldn't even WANT to hang out alone with a guy I knew wanted more than just friendship, just because I have a boyfriend and I think it'd be sending the guy an inappropriate message and just disrespectful to my boyfriend. So I would be upset if my boyfriend wanted to do that. If your boyfriend doesn't understand where you're coming from, it makes no sense that he'd be upset about you hanging out in a GROUP that includes guys. Ask him if he would like it if you hung out with a guy who had a crush on you (he probably wouldn't), and if you hanging out in the group with guys is such a big deal just invite him to come along.

• he's wrong-er. whenever this kind of things come up, ask him if he'd let you hang out with a guy who wants to be more than friends with you" step in your shoes. When he realized what a dumb reasoning he has, he'll see the unequity.