Should we meet for lunch or dinner?

We've been texting for a week and this is our first date. I don't know which time to choose? He's leaving it all to me

well the date sucked. his jerk friend joined us, and I left primo early

Most Helpful Girl

• I would go with him for dinner. That way it's at the end of the day. Plus if the date doesn't work out, you always have an excuse like "well I have to go, gotta wake up early tomorrow for work!". To get out of the situation if it's not going the way you hoped.

Going with him for lunch or dinner doesn't mean you are trying to take his money. That is silly. On the first date I usually pay for my own meal.

What Guys Said 4

• What a guy for not taking the lead and leaving it all up to you, don't be surprised if he asks you to wipe his a.ss for him whenever he takes a s.hit.

• ouch.

• just pick a time girl. between 2 and 8:30

• Well I would go for a lunch that way you don't seem like you are going with him for his money and what not lol

What Girls Said 4

• Lunch! It's more casual, you'll probably have more time, there's more to do during the day, won't be as busy, you can have a relaxed flowing conversation, dinner for a first date I find can be a bit heavy going, quite an intense situation, straight away. Also, going for a dinner would be a good excuse to go on a second date! Good luck :)

• Lunch! It's more casual, relaxed and there are more things on your mind to talk about. Dinner is more serious and the awkwardness of it can be date-ruining.

He may be leaving it to you to see how serious you are in him. If you're head over heels, better pick dinner and sweat it out! LOL!

• lunch is more casual and can lead to a much longer time with the guy...who knows, you might end up hanging out all day! but dinner is more romantic and pressured... so its all up to you and what you want :)

• Dinner!