What does it mean when he says, "We make a great couple."

I've been with my boyfriend for 10 months. Everything is going wonderfully and I know I have never been happier in a relationship. We've already reached the "I love you" status and he has developed a great relationship with my son so we are in the serious part of things. A few weeks ago he was drunk and said to me, "I never believed in this kind of stuff before, but I really think you are the one for me. I think we were meant to be together." Now, because he was drunk, I took it with a grain of salt and never brought it up. Lately he's been saying that he thinks we make a great a couple. To me, that just seems like a generic statement, kind of like a step back. So, does that statement seems like a something bad, or does it seem like he's trying to downplay his feelings?

What Guys Said 1

• sounds like he's being straight up with his feelings

What Girls Said 1

• That sounds just like my boyfriend. When he's buzzed, he's so much better at expressing his emotions because he doesn't overthink things before he says them and he doesn't hold back. That might be the case with yours.

• He did mention to me once that alcohol to him is like truth serum!