If a guy is cheap during your first date does that mean the girl is ugly?

I went out with a guy and he barely paid for anything. However, he did ask if I wanted to go back and see his house. I just want to gauge how attractive/unattractive I am by whether a guy is willing to pay even a little money. Is this possible or am I being too hard on myself?

Most Helpful Girl

• The amount he pays has nothing to do with how attractive you are! More than likely, he wanted to see if you would be bothered by picking up part of the bill or he didn't want to feel like he was buying your attention/affection. You shouldn't ever tie your looks to how much a guy is willing to pay for on a date! Plus, if he is that kind of guy, you shouldn't be with someone who links how attractive he finds you to monetary value. You deserve better!

What Guys Said 6

• The amount of money spent doesn't dictate how attractive you are; it's a test to see if you're a gold digger.

• I'm definitely not that. I just wondered because I saw a guy write something like that online.

• My impression is that very few guys change their first date routine based on how attractive the woman is.

They have rules of thumb they abide by.

• These two qualities (attractiveness and man's willingness to pay the bill) are not causally related, or even co-related. Why would you possibly think that they are?

He clearly rejects society's expected norm regarding men paying for everything when it comes to dates. This could be because he's a free thinker or just because he's a deadbeat.

He tried to get you into his house on the first date. I'd put money down on the fact that if you had gone to his house that he'd be trying to get you into the bedroom as well, which means you're at least attractive enough for him to want to sleep with you.

• i do strongly believe in equality sumtimes it would be OK to share aka split the bil.but inorder to win a girls heart a guy should @lest for the 1st few dates foot the bill.its not about being cheap.its more of show his personality and as they say 1st impression is always the last impression

• Do you think I should see this as an indication that I'm not attractive enough to pay for? I did offer to pay for my part, but he definitely did not object.

• attraction has nothing to play a part in it.its all about decency and courtesy

• Thanks for all the thoughtful responses. I agree but I wondered if guys saw it differently after reading some other responses to different questions here.

• So you judge your worth based on how much money a guy spends on you...You might want to do yourself a favor and change that up.

• I never used to until I started hearing and seeing comments by men with the major theme of "I ask ugly women out because then maybe they will be desperate enough to pay." :( Seems the world is getting worse. I was wondering if there is something about me which would elicit such a response from that last person.

• It is possible that the guy could just naturally be kinda miserly.

What Girls Said 1

• His generosity has nothing to do with your looks. If a guy planned on paying he will, if he wanted to split the bill he'll do that too.