Treated like a girlfriend, with none of the attachments?

So I guy I went on a date with, after the second or third date he texts me "i wanted to let you know I don't want a girlfriend right now, I just want someone that I can treat as well as a girlfriend without any of the attachments. I have a lot of things going and I don't want anything to get in the way of that. I'm telling you this because I like you".

I figure this to mean friends with benefits sort of thing and I said fine, just not sex because makes things more complicated, but the next time we hang out we go bowling (he pays), and then take a short walk, and he says goodbye and hugs me.

I'm wondering what this guy is thinking. If he wanted a friends with benefits like thing why would he just hug me and leave and not try for more knowing that I already said I would.

Most Helpful Girl

• If he really does like you he would have asked you to be his girlfriend. He would of offered you a proper relationship you as any woman would deserved. If he just wants to inform you that he does like you but isn't interested in having a girlfriend right now then what is he after?

What Guys Said 1

• This guy is just looking for a beard

What Girls Said 1

• In my experience, he's just stringing you along in case girl #2 doesn't work out. I would bet money that between dates 2 and when you last hung out someone else came along that he is now trying to pursue. Guys only say things like, "I'm not looking for a girlfriend right now" when they really mean, "I don't want YOU to be my girlfriend right now." Guys who don't want girlfriends don't take girls on dates, they have one night stands. I think you need to kick this guy to the curb pronto.