When you're the one initiating the messaging all the time

So I'm finding that I'm always the one who has to initiate an email conversation or text message.

It's not that she doesn't respond enthusiastically when I do (she does) but she just never really seems interested in taking the initiative to start a dialogue with me. She's even told me indirectly that she just waits for me to send her something so she can respond.

So basically if I don't send her a message, I probably wouldn't even hear from her for days (weeks?!) until I see her again.

What do you think?

Most Helpful Girl

• I feel you. I'm in the same situation here too. Lately it seemed my guy friend wants me to I initiate the text messages. Oh, he responds with enthusiastic all right! It's been more than a week I last texted him. As a matter of fact as I type this I'm still waiting to hear from him.

What Girls Said 3

• Wow I wish I have a guy who would always texts or call me first. Lately I've been the only who always start and if I don't I won't hear from the guys. So I know in my end they probably don't like me. Now in your case you have to tell her straight out that you want her to start contacting you first sometimes. I think she just got used to doing it first. She sounds like she likes you too.

• Well most girls I know like the guy texting them first but if you haven't already tried just don't text her for a day or two (see how it goes, hard to get) But it could be a completely different story, she could just be the type of person that just doesn't text first

• she might be playing hard to get.

What Guys Said 2

• She's into you, but she wants you to chase/pursue her or her interest in you isn't strong enough to cause her to initiate communication with you. No matter what her aim is, her intentions are unknown to you, why not end the mystery and tell her what you want, her!

• Just don't think her for a day or two and see what happens, I mean she thinks she has you under the bag.