Will he really leave her for me?

A married man says to me that his heart is with me. He totally called me one day out of the blue and spilled his guts to me. I have known him for 7 years and never thought he cared for me. He does do things for me, comes by just to talk, watch tv, ect. It is not about sex. He says he is not in love with his wife of 25 years. They have 2 grown adults sons. He said he should have gotten things at home fixed before emotionally falling for me. But he did and he does not regret it. He said the only thing keeping him there now is "hurting everyone's feelings" because he would be the first divorce in the family. He is 48 years old. Do you all think he will do it or am I just hopefully wishing he would?

What Guys Said 1

• It's possible, and he has a lot less ties than some married men, but frankly if I were you I'd never hold my breath for a married man. He's got too much to lose. Sure he might not have to worry about kids, but there's still emotional ties, family responsibilities, and then there's the fact that at any point his wife could utterly destroy him in a divorce, because frankly the courts tend to favor the wife. It could happen, just don't hold your breath for this man.

• Thank you for your answer. I feel the same way. I think the emotional bond to the families is most of it. I will not hold my breath. Thank you again for your answer.

• You're welcome. Sorry I couldn't give you good news.

What Girls Said 0