Why are some women just terrible planners?

I try not to make gender-specific rants but I'm going to go ahead and do this one. I planned a date tonight with one woman a week in advance and right after I got a response text yesterday morning from her I asked her to confirm our plans. I didn't hear from her until noon today so I canceled on her since I don't see how hard it is to check your phone and text "yes" within 24 hours. I barely know her and I didn't feel like going dateless or getting stood up on a Friday night so I feel justified canceling after she failed to get back to me. Then I planned a date with another girl for dinner and as I'm driving to the place she texts me that she can't make it because her parents won't let her leave the house (I don't get that either, she's 18, stand up for yourself once in a while). Either way she got off work at 2 so she could have warned me a lot sooner than she did. So now it is dinner time and I'm sitting in my apartment, dateless, and I can't even go hang out with my boys until later since they are all at a baseball game that I would love to be at but I thought between 2 girls I would have had a date so now I am playing Xbox until something happens. Yes I met these girls on the internet but we have been texting back and forth heavily for weeks. I don't have any guy friends that are this bad when it comes to planning dates. They always tell the girls exactly what is going to happen and they get canceled on in weird ways too. Why can’t women plan? Is it a young women thing? Am I just dating self-obsessed flakes? I would never be this flaky.

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't have that luxury, but I wouldn't want it anyway. Some women can plan and are excellent planners. Some young women are adept at planning. I unfortunately can't rightly say anything about the girls you're dating, though.

Two of my closest friends are horrible with plans. We took a road trip to see a friend for her birthday. They didn't know when they wanted to go, so I planned that. They didn't know what to tell her to pick up for groceries, so I helped her with that. They didn't know where everyone would stay, so I worked out that. They didn't know what to do when we got there, so I came up with activities. They couldn't even decide whether to go to the pool or eat birthday cake first without asking me - and this was after they had conveniently forgotten to let me know they were going to the pool (I was staying elsewhere while they stayed with the friend at her apartment).

I'm around the same age as the girls you're dating, for what that bit of information is worth.

Some people are inconsiderate and flaky, others are just completely miserable at planning, sticking to plans, or notifying all the people involved when they do make plans.

I have trouble deciding on things to do sometimes, but that's where communication comes into play. I may not know exactly what I want to do, but I can give my boyfriend a time frame and a few options of activities, and we'll pick something out.

What Girls Said 9

• Maybe I'm just unlucky with the people I meet, but it seems that a lot of people in our generation are very self absorbed. I don't know if it's an age thing or what but its hard to find people in my age range that take a step back from thier busy lives to see what other people do for them or what they can do for others. Hopefully you can meet girls who are more responsible and considerate, however I do think the second one might be OK to try with again. When living at home it's still the parent's rules a lot of times.

• Planning is more a personality thing than a gender thing. I totally agree with you cancelling on the first girl. The second one things really could have been out of her hands. I know my Mom does stuff like that all the time to me and she never gives me forwarning. I can't really stand up for myself unless I want to start paying for all of my college and health bills and everything else. Some girls are flaky, but not all of us are.

• Yeah I didn't get mad at her. I was disappointed with the situation though since she is sort of my favorite so far. Now I have to battle with her busy schedule all over again to get a date out of her and it is just aggravating. Parents suck.

• Parents do suck lol Best of luck with setting another date. If it is ment to be it will work out :)

• I've experienced quite the opposite. I get paid daily to plan other peoples' lives and with the exception of one girl friend all my girl friends are very prompt and responsive. But I can't tell you how many times I've been stood up by a guy, whether it be a date or just a guy friend.

• Women your age maybe that way. I see young guys being the same way they seem to not have a clue about time

• I wouldn't be that flaky either ha ha omg when I have a date I start planning from the moment I know and get ready to make sure everythings perfect and I look flawless. if I had week advance there is no way I would be that flaky that is more than the perfect amount of time and notice. I think its just a by chance thing.

• You're making all the girls mad with your profile pic hahaha! nice.

• i don't see the big deal lol omg its a swim suit top I love the beach I love swimming I love water sports that's how I look everyday and I'm getting cyber bullied like crazy because of a swim suit top lmao!

• Guys do the same thing, I promise.

• Your girls are terrible planners. Cuddle-muffin is definitely not.

• You're asking why SOME women are terrible planners? I don't know, but probably because of the same reasons why some men are terrible planners? lol

• Myeah, I guess I just don't get around much. I've always dealt with women that end up being into me but are just terrible with plans. I have never seen any of my guy friends cancelling dates 15 minutes before they are supposed to be somewhere. But I guess that is just my world.

• Oh gee, I don't know.. Maybe like the same reason some guys are? GASP! Shocking, I know. It's called a diversity of personalities... :)

• This was mainly a rant to make me feel better and it worked. Also most women I chase somehow end up being terrible planners. Just sayin.

What Guys Said 3

• If they're really interested and in to you then their plans to see you will go perfectly.

Sorry, but none of these girls are in to you.

• CAPTAIN OBVIOUS HERE !

*points at you*THEY DONT WANA GO OUT WITH YOU !

my work here is done *Flies away*

• The first called wondering why I cancelled and I had to explain and the second talked to me all night about sex. I've got new plans for both next week. I wouldn't say disinterested at this point.

• with people who like them*

• I agree with that. I know women and their egos and the first woman is too busy with work and family problems to string guys out like that and the second loves having men chase her but she finds me funny and supposedly attractive so I'm not giving up on either yet. I will concede getting them to really like me is still a few weeks away. I just met both of them and haven't gotten face time yet.

• you think maybe either of them didn't want to go out with you and didn't want to say no? so they just flaked out as an excuse

don't worry about them they're not worth your time if they flaked out if they wanna contact you then they will