Online dating profile help?

The 3 pictures I have on my profile for this site are the same 3 I'm using for my online dating profiles but with dismal success. My question is there is obviously something crucially and earth shatteringly wrong with my profile (I know that) but in my efforts to do some process of elimination I am asking: Is it my pictures? Thank you in advance for any feedback.

~Mike

Most Helpful Girl

• well, I could see 3 things:

1. your pictures have poor lighting. If you can stand so that the light is in your face and not behind you or on the side of you; and then take the photo.

2. You also have a standofish look in your eyes. You're not looking sexy into the camera, playful or charming. It's like you're say, "I'm here and I hope you don't notice what I don't want you to notice.

3. You're never looking directly into the camera. You're face is facing one way, while your eyes are facing the camera. It seems like you might be trying to hide something?

Try to put a smile in your eyes, look flirty into the camera or even a little cocky--you know, like your name is Joe Rocco and you're looking for a fight. The point is you want some aspect of a personality (more preferably your personality) to be evident in the photo. Now it just looks like you're a very reticient guy that doesn't trust us (the photo viewer), and hopes we will go away soon.

No harm meant, just giving you my opinion.

What Girls Said 4

• Lose the hat. Have some diversity with your pictures, different outfits, different expressions, maybe have a full length one.

• Try smiling. It doesn't have to be a huge toothy grin, but looking happy makes you seem more friendly and approachable. Maybe open some windows for natural lighting as well.

• I think you should maybe have different poses in the picture and not just one look. Maybe lose the hat for some of them? Also the quality isn't great. But you seem adorable

• Don't know why you're having problems. You're cute. I'd definitely date you. Too bad you live in NewYork.

What Guys Said 3

• first: online dating sites are a scam. Men outnumber women about 1000:1 (granted, that's only a guess). Most of the women on a given dating site are actually bots - facades to attract customers. If you aren't getting a reply from them, that's probably the reason. The other reason is that, I would suspect, the women who do join dating sites are either quickly "snatched up" or quickly get tired of having hundreds of men sending them thinly veiled requests for sexual favors.

Women, I'd imagine, prefer meeting someone in real life, as it is far less risky - and all it takes is a trip to the club or library to do exactly that. Granted, the chances of finding 'the right guy' when such a small pool is used is pretty slim, but it (nonetheless) has a higher probability than the internet.

• Your facial expression doesn't convey much confidence. Maybe smile?

Sit up straight, posture is important.

Lose the cap.

Might be helpful to display pictures in a social setting. Pictures taken at the computer send out a certain message.

These are the subconscious cues that may be causing women to overlook your profile.

• Smile and get some pics with some friends with having a good time. Woman will stereotype pics. If they see that your not smiling and/or not with anybody else, they wil think you either don't have any friends or that you just f***ing hate life.