Could a guy not text a woman for a while because he's waiting for her to text her first?

I know that girls do this a lot, but I don't know about guys.

so if you're interested in a girl, and you texted her first a couple times, she replies sounding all happy and stuff, but she rarely texts you first, would you wait? or would you just send texts first a whole lot. the guy whose the reason I'm posting this question is a nice, kind of insecure (I think) guy. he used to text me first all the time, but now its like he would text me once every four to five days. he'd texts saying 'hello' or something like that. he replies to my texts all the time tho. I've texted him first couple times too, but he texts first more I think.

Most Helpful Guy

• if I'm texting her all the time and she's never getting ahold of me it won't take long before I just figure she's not into me and move on to greener pastures.

What Guys Said 2

• yes, a lot of guys don't like having to text first all the time, we want to know you like us and care about us too

• yes, why should we guys do it first all the time?

What Girls Said 1

• You know I saw a lot of questions from guys here wondering why they always have to be one to text the girl first. Now seeing your question I think you young girls like dramas in your relationship. If he texts you talk to him and don't try to play game because it's get old fast . And this is what happens and he probably find another girl to text to.